michaelbrewis

hey!!! quick question

hey. i came to the forum for corrado help etc when i need it. normal forums seem to know nothing about corrados!

anyways out of interest i was wondering what mine was worth. i know the big money is in storms!

its a 92 reg vr6.

44,000. 2 owners (i've owned it for 17 years). full service history. completely original! and in amazing condition i'm tempted to say 'like new' but some one would complain about that!

anyways here is the only pictures i have and there not great but if someone has a ruff idea what its worth to a collector i'd be grateful! i've seen a storm with 68,000 for for 10k!!! but obviously its not a storm and lower miles.

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n539/michaelbrewis/corrado2.jpg

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n539/michaelbrewis/corrado.jpg

corrado2.jpg

corrado.jpg

not sure if the pics will work!

Welcome!

Pics worked fine, good to see a set of rear muddy flaps fitted, amazing how much they protect the bodywork - shame the front pair are missing or not fitted.

As for what your car is worth, without some interior shots it's difficult to guess, yes it's low mileage but the current value of Corrados is very low and the prices you quote for some of the Storm's sold recently does not mean that was the value they actually sold for. So plucking a figure out of the air I would say around the 4k mark but as always with these things its a case of how much someone wants it and is willing to pay.

the front mud flaps are just not fitted currently, one came off last year and it was easier just to take the other off and it hasn't been driven much since.

the interior matches the miles and is spot on. theres one on ebay same spec, colour and year but its an auto and 73,000 up for 5k so it would be interesting to see if that sells.

being a manual it should be worth more anyway and 30,000 less miles.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1992-VOLKSWAGEN-CORRADO-VR6-AUTO-RED-ONY-73K-FVWSH-COLLECTORS-CAR-/290665676369?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item43ad063e51#ht_630wt_1139

i will get some better shots up at the weekend, cheers

theres one on ebay thats same spec, same colour and the same year up for 5k.

its a auto with 30,000 more miles on so i'd like to see if it sells at that price!

i think 4k is low as i can get that for a mk2 gti i have with 68,000 on it once i get it back to the condition of the corrado. the interior matches the miles and is mint.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1992-VOLKSWAGEN-CORRADO-VR6-AUTO-RED-ONY-73K-FVWSH-COLLECTORS-CAR-/290665676369?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item43ad063e51#ht_630wt_1139

i will get some better pics up at the weekend

Yeah nice low mileage vr's seem to hover around the 4k mark, I sold my last one (95 vr) with 94K for £4000 about 18 months ago. It doesnt say you want to sell it so it's only going to go up. (i'm pretty sure)

Yeah nice low mileage vr's seem to hover around the 4k mark, I sold my last one (95 vr) with 94K for £4000 about 18 months ago. It doesnt say you want to sell it so it's only going to go up. (i'm pretty sure)

to me theres a big difference between 46,000 and 94,000 miles. and surely to a collector there is as well? plus 2 owners and garaged its whole life...

Welcome. :cheers:

Just to chime in to make an experienced point of view, mileage isn't everything although obviously it can help, actual physical condition and service history/the way it has been looked after can mean much, much more sometimes.

I once owned what Im sure is the best original mk1 golf gti in the country (50k miles) but at the time of buying it I was offered one with only 16k miles, I bought the better car without doubt. One was literally as new, one actually had rusty wheels, a dry/crusty floor and had been painted for starters! :scratch:

No doubt your VR6 seems a nice one, and someone would pay what they think it's worth but as said Corrado value's aren't great at the moment. I would hang onto it if you can/want to, and also throw up more pictures for us to enjoy :-)

Neil.