EJ Taylor

Silicone Hose troubles.

Morning all,

i recently purchased a Venair Coolant hose kit for my Rado, fitted it all, however, there are 2 small pieces i just cant figure out where they go, excuse my lack of knowledge, but i just cant figure it out! anyone had the same issue? anyone know where they go? i have highlighted the 2 pieces in the picture below. at the back of the block there does seem to be a blocking nut? was there something their originally that is now removed? therefore eliminating the need for these 2 pipes? all a tad confusing,

TCS153C.jpg

any help would be appreciated, many thanks.

thats the two i mentioned in another thread, but just read they aren't for oil cooler, so i don't know

yer, my mate a savage mechanic, i spoke to him on the phone, (as i thought the same) he thought the might be for that, but later found out there not? other forums seem to be having the same issue! all a tad confusing?

would and automatic transmission engine setup require 2 more coolant pipes than a manual? im not disagreeing, just trying to understand.

If its a VR which they look like they are I suspect that they are the two breather pipes. Look the same as the samco ones I still have in the box.

would and automatic transmission engine setup require 2 more coolant pipes than a manual? im not disagreeing, just trying to understand.

Automatics do have two more feeds from the coolant system (feed and return from the transmission fluid cooler). The front feed is teed off the small hose at the bottom of the thermostat housing (goes to the base of the expansion tank) and the back feed is teed off from the radiator top hose.

Those pipes are definitely not for an automatic. No idea what they are for though!

Stone

The two hoses are isv and pcv hoses

When we did our 7 hose group buy of samco they are what we got with 5 coolant hoses...

I ended up getting new factory oil cooler hoses to make up the coolant kit

thanks guys, really appreciate the help! spoke to couple people seem to have had the same issue, im thinking perhaps just find sunwhere else to put them, i noticed one of them is the same size as the secondary air intake, so may put it there.

thanks again.

charlie

um, "isv and pcv" "idle valve and crankcase ventilation" maybe to you its clear, to me you may aswell be talking german, so i was just being polite. haha sorry :D :bonk: