8vMatt

Soon to have an empty engine bay, what jobs should be done at that time?

Hi guys,

I'll be changing VR engines soon after I pick up a newer low mileage VR engine. I just wondered if there was anything that could be done job wise in an empty bay. I've got some old auto box cables to remove but wondered if there was anything to do with an empty bay?

Any advice is very welcome.

Edited by 8vMatt
Stupid phone going wrong.

You could clean and re-paint your battery tray

Empty and bleed your brake system with good access to the ABS pump or renew any old brake pipes

Fit some polybushes.

I am doing the same soon! I am going to fit the new engine mount bushes i bought from Ed's group buy, a heavy de grease and re wrap all the loom

Paint drive shafts if rusty, replace CV's and boots if worn. if the bumper and slam panel are off for engine removal get in all the nooks and crannys with some waxoyl.

Hey bud , might want to think about the paint in the bay as well , hope the new transporter arrives wednesday .

You could clean and re-paint your battery tray

Empty and bleed your brake system with good access to the ABS pump or renew any old brake pipes

Fit some polybushes.

The battery tray is still good, still got shiny paint on it. That bloody abs system, would get ripped out if I could get a chance! No polybushes for me, I would go for OE stuff.

I am doing the same soon! I am going to fit the new engine mount bushes i bought from Ed's group buy, a heavy de grease and re wrap all the loom

I've fitted new OE engine mounts, so all good there. Yes, a big de-grease is in order. Rob and I have done some but we would get loads more out without the engine in the way.

Paint drive shafts if rusty, replace CV's and boots if worn. if the bumper and slam panel are off for engine removal get in all the nooks and crannys with some waxoyl.

Never thought about doing anything with the drive shafts, prob won't bother. CV's etc good call. Cross member and rad panel will be changed for powdercoated items. Waxoyl would be good, I'll remember that one.

Hey bud , might want to think about the paint in the bay as well , hope the new transporter arrives wednesday .

Oh Rob, I can't get into having the bay painted, would be a nightmare sorting. Fine as it is, no issues to take care of there. I know what you mean about the van, I'm like a kid waiting for christmas for it to come!!!