K Simmonds

Wanted Bentley manual for Corrdao G60/VR6/SLC

As per title I'm after a second hand copy of the Bentley paper manual for Corrados, G60, VR6 and SLC. I know it's a an American book, but they are about the best manual money can buy. I did have one but sold it some years ago after parting my last G60, knew at the time I'd regret it:bonk:

If it comes to it I'll just have to shell out for a new one, can get one from the states for around 70 quid delivered but would like to save a few quid if poss and not have to wait ages for it to arrive.

So if anyone has a copy they want to sell please drop me a PM. Would prefer a hardback but a soft back version would just fine, don't mind oily finger prints as long as the book itself is undamaged.

Have you considered Amazon.ca (Canada) for a new one?

I have one somewhere. Few grubby pages but nothing damaged from what I remember. What are you looking to pay?

Not not checked out the Canadian Amazon site, bloody good idea. Will have a look now. I'd rather talk money via PM but would you be happy with 40 quid posted for it, can do paypal gift? Is yours soft or hard-backed ? I'd pay extra for hardback copy.

It's where I got mine from but that's years ago so exchange rate will have an impact. Delivery I remember was quoted as weeks and weeks, which I accepted .... but then it turned up 2 days after I ordered!

Mine's soft-back but I'd prefer £50 + a few for postage as it's pretty heavy.

It's what they seem to go for on here and I know I paid north of £75 and it's hardly been used. Some sites quote £70 but they never seem to have stock. Amazon.ca works out at £80 + delivery.

Cool, sounds like a fair deal to me,

Drop me a PM with payment details and I'll settle up with you.

Thanks for your help.

Ok will do - I'll need to dig it out first just to check it's still in the condition I've described. I think it's packed in a box somewhere.

Will drop you a PM when I've got it.

Right, oh well I'll just have to use common sense. Glad I'm a mechanic!

Still interested in the manual though, I like to have a Bentley for all my own cars and much prefer a book to a CD/PDF.

Sorry I couldn't help Kit. I must have given it away with the car unfortunately.

Hey, no worries mate. I'm sure I'll find another copy.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO wish I'd never sold mine though. Something at the time was telling me my Corrado days were not over, that was Six years ago and now I'm a lifer again. My G60 is going no where, in fact if push came to shove I'd sell my 16V MK II instead. Though I have no intention of parting with any of my collection.

My 1988 completely original condition small bumper MK II 16V with OE MINT Black leather + all other common options, FSH and 110K miles.

The current new flavor of the month, my 1990 unmolested edition one Corrado G60 on 65K miles with FSH. MINT is all I can say, just a few minor dents to deal with and she will be one of the best.

Of course there's my 1990 Audi RS2+ spec 350 BHP S2 Coupe. This has done 180K not like that matters as the engine internals and all vital components are either new or virtually so.. It's just been rebuilt and balanced again after 80K miles at 300BHP, this time with a bigger turbo, 3" turbo back exhaust with atmospheric waste gate dump along with a host of other goodies. One very expensive car!

In fact, I'd rather like a BMW E30 2.5IS to complete my dream garage, with perhaps a Merc Cossie as well for good measure. If I had space I'd have the BMW now.

Edited by K Simmonds

LOL, I have to say I love them all equally for their own characteristics. The S2 is the only one that takes some living with. Not that they break or anything, in standard trim they are truly amazing for a turbo charged car regarding reliability, 200K miles on the original K24 Turbo is not at all uncommon.

The catch comes when you the quest for big BHP starts, it's a simple engine to tune highly but in no way a cheap one to do so. Parts are very, very expensive and unless your a mechanic expect 2K a year servicing.

Anyway's my little collection is pictured in this thread.

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?64217-Hi-all-just-got-another-G60-after-6-years-without-a-Corrado