Johnny H

Had the Corrado on the Diagnostic today. HELP NEEDED PLEASE!!

Hi Guys

Been Having trouble with her cutting out (when i stop) when hot so i put her on my mate diagnostic and its come back with:-

(1)

Idle speed control

value below lower adaptation

sporadic

and

(2)

Camshaft position (CMP) sensor-G40

Short circuit to ground

Does anyone know what these are or why its cutting out??

Thanks Johnny

(1) Fault code 00533: Check the air ducting between the MAF and the Throttle Body for air leaks. Also check the ISV is not stuck shut or not opening enough correctly to let the engine idle.

(2) Fault Code 00515: The Camshaft Sensor is failing at higher RPM (classic fault since new for the VR6). Replace the camshaft sensor on the cylinder head on the left side. Its behind the Coil Pack. Then reset fault code. Until the fault code is removed, the engine wil run in Limp Home Mode and be down on power and max RPM limited.

(1) Fault code 00533: Check the air ducting between the MAF and the Throttle Body for air leaks. Also check the ISV is not stuck shut or not opening enough correctly to let the engine idle.

(2) Fault Code 00515: The Camshaft Sensor is failing at higher RPM (classic fault since new for the VR6). Replace the camshaft sensor on the cylinder head on the left side. Its behind the Coil Pack. Then reset fault code. Until the fault code is removed, the engine wil run in Limp Home Mode and be down on power and max RPM limited.

I have been having trouble with the ISV not opening properly mate so that could be something. Hope i dont need a new ilde control valve (£240ish i think).

And car is running ok not in limp mode and doesnt seem to be down on power so dont think (well hope) i dont need a new camshaft sensor???

Take it from me, 00515 causes Limp Home Mode to be activated. The ECU won't come out of it until its sorted.

Take it from me, 00515 causes Limp Home Mode to be activated. The ECU won't come out of it until its sorted.

Agree with Chris, in that you need to replace the cam position sensor....When my GF's VR came up with the Cam fault she said it still felt fast like the VR should be so maybe the CPS has to be completely dead for it to run in limp home mode. Her fault was "Cam position sensor - Intermittent open circuit so maybe slightly different to your fault

The car seems to be running ok apart from cutting out when i stop when she is hot, and it has being feeling a bit lumpy at times but i think i've got a bad HT lead.

Hope i dont need a new sensor but if it will fix it then i'll have to put my hand in my pocket lol.

Thanks Johnny

I would change the sensor... But you can allways try to erase the faults, drive it and then check the faults again.

We have erased all faults but then it pops back.

Any ideas how much a VAG one will cost???

Thanks

Around £50 odd when i got one few weeks back

I'll get on it and order 1 tomorrow and hope its helps.

Thanks guys I'll let you know how I get on

Ordered it and it will be here tomorrow,

Are they easy to fit? And how do I go about it??

Thanks Johnny

Yeah dead easy mate as long as you have the correct socket to under the triple square bolts on top of the cover that covers the coilpack

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

Pull ignition leads off the coil pack.

3 star key head bolts, two top left on main engine cover, one on the back face, left side.

Pull side cover out between the throttle cable etc. after initally lifting over the securing threaded studs where the star bolts are located.

Undo 4 allen key head bolts to free the coil pack.

Cam pos. sensor is there in front of you. Undo the holding bolt. Extract the sensor making sure the plastic collar comes with it.

Make sure you get the plastic collar out of the hole or the new one wont fit

Reverse is as they say......

VCDS Clear the fault in the engine ECU.

Take for a drive and at least one touch the red line engine RPM to make sure the new sensor works all the way.

Recheck VCDS to make sure no fault code has returned.

(What i used to help me out thanks Chris)

Jon

Great thanks Jon.

I'll give it a go tomorrow and let you know what happens.

Thanks again.

Johnny

Sorry for sounding abit think but i don't know where this part is on the car, (Impulse Sender)

Has anyone got a pic of where isit on the car please??

I'm really new to the fixing it myself game :)

Right where do i start.

First i fitted my new sunroof motor and now it works lovely. (Thanks C5 OEM :thumbleft:)

Then i started with the Impulse Sender now i know where it is thanks again Jon :notworthy:.

But after taking it all off which was easy it turns out to be the wrong part:oops:.

The one on the car has a different switch and is facing a different way.

Can anyone help with the right part please???

Thanks Johnny

021 907 601 A

Is the part number you should have ordered mate

Thats the one i've got mate

You've been given the correct part.

Here's an original installation

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56053[/ATTACH]

That photo is not a RHDrive Corrado engine as it has a EGR valve in the photo. As said its a Golf and was put up to illustrate where the sensor was.

Edited by RW1

I'm sure mine is different to that one, its more like the golfs one.

I've got to go on the rounds to see my Mum and the Mother inlaw then when i bring my son home for a sleep i'll pop out and take a pic of mine.

I'm sure mine is different to that one, its more like the golfs one.

I've got to go on the rounds to see my Mum and the Mother inlaw then when i bring my son home for a sleep i'll pop out and take a pic of mine.

And when you get at it, make a note of the part number here.