DriverVR6

Quantum Alarm (VAG Part No: 998 VAG 139)

Thought this may help those of you that have an original VW dealer fitted Quantum alarm. It is actually a Scorpion alarm, but was branded as a Quatum for VW. When I brought my Corrado I only had the one fob and wanted a spare. I ordered a new fob from Scorpion (in 2002 it cost me £41.95). I spoke to Scorpion customer services this morning and it is still possible to obtain new alarm fobs for certain alarm systems. May be a good idea if you contact them to check if you can get a spare fob if you don't already have one.

Contact details: SCORPION AUTOMOTIVE, Drumhead Road, Chorley North Business Park, Chorley, England, PR6 7DE, PHONE: 44 (0)1257 249928

Good information - but do you know where do you stand on getting the fob paired with the alarm system?

If its like mine you just quote the code number on the existing fob & the new one will work when it arrives.

Jim, as Album56 says, there is a code number inside the fob. This is unfortunately on a small sticky label so it may be lost/missing. It starts with a letter, and then five numbers (for example, K58389....and no, that's not my actual code lol). The usermanual/literature I have with my alarm states the following; "Each remote control unit is identified by a number. Please record the number for future reference. In the event of a replacement being required contact your Volkswagen Audi dealer (Scorpion)."

Hope this helps people, as the VW dealer fitted alarm is very good (Ultrasonic, Motion & Current sensing, Immobilising, etc), I've never had a single issue with mine and it's now 19years old!! Most importantly, it's insurance approved.