britpop95

New onwer from wigan with 2.0 8v

Just saying a quick hello to everyone. New and very proud owner of a 1996 2.0 8V moonlight blue corrado. Anymore wigan owners ???

Haha hiya there mate. ye well it came up in the google search results so thought id check it out. While your on mate you dont know the best way of changing the front fog lights do you? mine have cracked and ive got a new set , tried getting to them yesterday but just couldnt find a way in :S

Sure, first you need to prise out the indicator use a cloth and a large bladed screw driver and prise from in between the fog and the indicator, you'll see what i mean once you start it, it (indicator) will pop out as it has a clip holding it in place.

Then remove the 4 screws you'll now be able to see, worth replacing the screws too here, the back of the fog light itself has a removable grey coloured cover.

Remove the cover then you'll see where the wires are attached to the light, it's far easier to swap these onto thenew fog loght than trying to feed the whole fog loght wire with plug attached behind the bumper, trust me here lol!

if all the screws come out ok it'll take 15 mins to do both sides :)

Good luck.

Righttt well thankyou very much for that mate. I could find my way round my mk4 golf i use to own but im a complete newbie to the corrado haha

Welcome mate and get yourself along to this...http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?62713-25th-March-at-the-JJB-Soccerdome-Trafford-Centre-Manchester

Well thanks for that C5 , i shall definatly go to that been wondering if there was any local meets go on as i use to go to one with the northwest guys off rs246.com Thanks for the invite much aprriciated mate :)

Just saying a quick hello to everyone. New and very proud owner of a 1996 2.0 8V moonlight blue corrado. Anymore wigan owners ???

Welcome also.

Over the past eighteen months there's been a surge of new North west based Corrado owners, so you're never too far away from help or advice. We're touching distance to Wigan and fingers crossed will be making the short journey over to the north west meet. Make sure you pop along. But in the mean time, some words and pictures would be great.

All the best, James

Welcome along, I'm down the road in Preston.

Try to get to the Manchester meet, I organised the last rs246 NW meet. What's your username on the forum?

Welcome to the forum mate!

My word, there are loads of people here from round Wigan Preston way, although I have never actually seen another one on the roads! Im going to narrow it down abit, im in Heskin/Wrightington way.

Hope to see everyone at the meet!

Well thats great news nice to know there are some northwest owners out there. I wasnt a member on rs246. ive been to the meets a few times with a guy off there goes by the username nickwigan he's a good mate of mine. He used to own a blue rs4 b5. i had my mk4 golf at the time. And as for the meet i will definatly going to that really looking forward to seeing some more corrados and meeting there owners.

---------- Post added at 11:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 PM ----------

Haha couldnt of put it better myself mate you never seen other corrados on the roads round wigan area haha. Theres a guy round hindley i know who has a rare 1973 karman ghia knotchback (i think thats what its called anyway) but as for corrados dont see many at all haha.