K Simmonds

My 1990 G60 on 65K miles.

Here some shots of my G60.

Text to follow.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56397[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]56401[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]56405[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]56409[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]56413[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]56417[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]56421[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]56425[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]56429[/ATTACH]

Edited by K Simmonds

And some more of the interior as well as an attempt at some arty shots.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56433[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]56437[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]56441[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]56445[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]56449[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]56453[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]56457[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]56461[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]56465[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]56469[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]56473[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]56477[/ATTACH]

And here's my home brewed real leather gear knob and gaiter, both Audi S2 items, they fit perfectly with a few tweaks. Will do a write up with pic's on how I did it over the weekend.

Will have an OE leather steering wheel for her next week. Just need a leather hand brake handle to complete the interior to how I want it.

It's funny the Dutch doctor who ordered the car new specced it with a plastic gear knob and gaiter as well as steering wheel and handbrake handle and no sunroof. guess he wanted the performance for as little as possible outlay. Glad he went for the black cloth!!!! No sunroof is a big plus for me as I'm a good Six foot and used to bang/rub my head often in my old Corrado back ten years ago. No longer a problem. Also a lot of weight removed from where it's least wanted and one thing less to go wrong.

Will keep the bit's I replace with leather so I can put her back to 100% original spec if required.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56481[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]56485[/ATTACH]

Beauty! Get some tyre shine on and some back to black on that splitter!

To be fair, he IS in a field ;)

Looks really good Kit - very nice indeed :salute:

Nice looking car, always reminds me of the press cars when i see an early model with standard height :)

To be fair, he IS in a field ;)

Looks really good Kit - very nice indeed :salute:

no excuse! they clearly weren't done before he got there.. :p

Nice car and nice shots. Great colour and good looking with standard wheels.

I would liek that leather handbrake handle as well. Can it be bought somewhere? I asked VW dealership: No (usual answer).

Cheers,

Redfox.

Edited by Redfox

I purchased this Corrado for some neighbour's as an official Dutch car on Dutch plates. It's on 108 thousand KM's, FSH and only two owners fro new. A very early completely original G60 that's never been messed with.

Passed it's UK MOT first time.

Advise on rear tyres and rear brake pads.

Do they not salt the roads in Holland?

Test day was the first chance I'd gotten to have a proper look underneath. It's like new, all the brake flexis look original and are fine, quite astonishing considering she's over 20 years old, the tester commented that it looked in better shape than most UK cars presented for their first MOT at Four years old.

Going to have to temporarily fit side repeaters for the next test, he didn't notice till he'd passed it, think he was so surprised by the rest of the car that it passed his attention. I set the headlights up on my garage wall, he joking said "that's one bloody accurate garage wall you've got" both of the replacement RHD unit's I'd fitted were set up spot.

With a bit of work the body will come up perectly, I've only got about 4/5 dents to sort and just the one bad one on the rear panel. Also got an excellent new paint man, young lad in his early 20's. He's enthusiastic about working on nice old cars and he lays the paint on a treat. Going to be painting/touching up my T4, Corrado, Golf and S2, in that order over the next year or so. He's mobile as we

Oh, the leather hand brake handle is very hard to find.

Nothelle/RS2 3B mongrel.

Edited by K Simmonds

[ATTACH=CONFIG]58617[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]58621[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]58625[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]58629[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]58633[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]58661[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]58665[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]58669[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]58673[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]58677[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]58681[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]58685[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]58689[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]58693[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]58697[/ATTACH]

Here we go some pic's of what a Corrado should look like when it's been driven. Note my badge reconfiguration. Correct leather steering wheel, full UK spec clocks and AUX gauges ready for installation. Used the same back plate for them as I used in my last LHD G60 Eight years ago so has an element of nostalgia. It's going to be painted Matt Black this time with black counter sunk Allen fixings, as opposed to shiny alloy.

Forgot to add I have an OE leather hand brake handle on the way, snapped one up from eBay for 20 quid!!!!! Figured that's probably what it's worth, still a lot for a bit of trim. I must have one though, think I have OCD.

And for added interest the last pic is of my Audi S2 engine half way through serious turbo/exhaust revision. It's running now and is scary. Though in bits again for major breather system revision.

Edited by K Simmonds

Finally after much, much head scratching, parts from three set's of clocks and some seriously fiddly work I now have a set of UK spec edition one G60 clocks with fully working accurate MFA and a speedo that reads spot on in MPH.

The USA ones I had in there before annoyed me as the speedo topped out at 140MPH and became progressively more inaccurate after 50MPH, tested with GPS 110 on the US clocks was 130 for real. Tested on air field of course. All the temp's were in F as opposed to C, that really bothered me. Also the fuel tank on US cars is larger so the fuel gauge said 15 gallons instead of the 12 that's correct for my car.

I do wish I wasn't so fussy sometimes, it took me a over a day to get them right.

Anyway here's a pic of some genuine Black badges I picked up from a MK II GTi at the breakers the the other day along with complete mint MK II grill with genuine perfect Hella spots,along with a mint rear spoiler, for a tenner!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]58717[/ATTACH]

Edited by K Simmonds
more info

Aux gauges done.

Just got to sort lighting to match the OE Green.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]59149[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]59153[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]59157[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]59161[/ATTACH]

i bloody love this car as you know this kit while you sorted out my a3 tdi quattro , and i am glad i got my silver one corrado which hope to pick up early next week [ATTACH=CONFIG]59165[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]59169[/ATTACH] so you can sort her out asap too kit[ATTACH=CONFIG]59169[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]59173[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]59177[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]59181[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]59185[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]59189[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]59165[/ATTACH] and before anyone ask no blamishes on the paint work will claybar twice and polish it 4 times before i wax it cannot wait to get her

To make a change here's some shots of my S2, the front bumper is in the process of of being modified to clear RS2 the Inter-cooler, hence the missing grill's and lights. Going to get the bumper to fit over the cooler and look OE, as is the plan with the rest of the car. OE looks, old school Audi 20V Five pot Turbo technology combined with 4X4 drive = Super-car performance hidden in an old Audi Coupe.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]61285[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]61289[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]61293[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]61297[/ATTCH][ATTACH=CONFIG]61301[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]61305[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]61309[/ATTACH]

Edited by K Simmonds

And some of my daily driver MK II Golf GTi 16V now I've fitted the summer wheels. A correct set of 6"X14" ET 33 BBS RA's, these would have been the original factory option at the time over the OE VAG Alloys. It's a real belter, which I was very lucky to get my hands on!!! 113K miles, FSH, original factory leather in Black, EW, PAS CL and finished in the best colour for a MK II, Oak Green.

It was one of the last cars to be driven over to the UK by VAG, as opposed to mass transported. I have the original paper work signed in Germany by some dude, confirming the spec and stating that he is to drive the the car to the UK with care.

It's dirty because I use it, ie rag the nuts off it!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]61313[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]61317[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]61321[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]61325[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]61329[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]61333[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]61337[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]61341[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]61345[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]61349[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]61353[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]61357[/ATTACH]

Edited by K Simmonds