Sign in to follow this  
joby

250bhp G60!

Had a Rare treat yesterday, went out in a friend of a friends G60 seriously moded, stage4 jabba sport charger and ported head "BIG" induction system chipped and pullied, magnex exhaust , lowered, split Rim BBS Rims. He Says 250 Bhp ? certainly felt like it ! It was quick! what a fun car, sounded like a World War 2 Fighter Plane. after owning a VR6 Golf i expected it to be quick,but not that quick :evil: . Im jealous of all you moded G60 corrado owners ! :)

250 bhp is very hard to get from a 8vg60 the exhaust is one of the problems! (back pressure)....

just been out for a burn in mine :D

I absolutely love it....even in 5th from 80+ it just keeps going and going. REally want to take it somewhere I can do so :)

what power is yours pushing out then munkay? you have done quite alot of workto yours ehh :lol:

erm reckon it must be around 200bhp

Jabba sport Stage 4 charger

68mm Pulley

SNS stage 5 chip

3.5k FPR

Powerflow exhaust

Green induction kit

Got this all doen 1000 miles ago, it fairly shifts now and I am happy with it all. Cost about a grand to do (excluding the exhaust and induction.) Altho the charger had 100,000 on in so was needing to be rebuilt anyway :)

Seems to have good boost

My G60 run 224bhp on rolling road

Jabba r1 charger

68mm pulley

jabba chip

scorpion exhaust

gas flowed head

gas flowed inlet manifold

285 piper cam

jabba induction kit

Car is fun fun fun :D :D :D

3.5k fpr to fit

might change chips for sns item :twisted:

I am well chuffed with my chip and FPR

No lag whatsoever now..power is always there whether you boot it or whatever

I find 250bhp hard to believe, but don't take that the wrong way.

I've driven a 2.0 G60 with cams, charger upgrades, chipped etc etc and that only mustered 238bhp. As 8vG60 says, there is a limit to what the 1.8 can achieve as the exhaust manifold ports are tiny. You need a 16v G60 for serious G Lader power. Having said all that, didn't Mr Jereon Dik muster around 300 bhp from a 1.8 G60 using some of his 'special' parts and a VW motorsport charger? Oh yes, I remember now, he custom made an exhaust manifold with 50mm ports and used a special head which also had 50mm ports.

Kev

94 VR6

can't wait to get the sns chip in mine, gonna try a couple of variations to see what runs best!

should improve the bottom and mid range more than the top end (should push it to around 210-220bhp) then have some fun, and destroy another set of goodyears!! :twisted:

Blade in this forum is runing 280hp on his g60 he recons he will brake 300hp on the 1.8 8v 8)

280bhp??!! With the G-lader on the pre-cross flow 8v head? I'd love to see how he's done that! :shock:

ipk: Love the wheels 8)

280bhp??!! With the G-lader on the pre-cross flow 8v head? I'd love to see how he's done that! :shock:

ipk: Love the wheels 8)

hm my guess would be 65 pulley,ported head,big intercooler,rs1 charger,268 cam,exhaust manifold,chip,air filter,fuel regulator,350ccm injectors,uprated boost sensor and with a custom ehaust system with race cat. I think its possible 8)

thomas(blade)must be running a crossflow head! this is the only way to get this sort of power from a 8v the orig 8vg60 head would never be able to cope with that as i said before it is VERY hard to achive more than 240bhp from the std 8vg60 head no matter what other mods are done...

r we talking wheel power or crank.

Id saya turbo car would do 280 ish due to the amount of airflow and boost it can deliver more reliably. the head obviously restricts this. there are a few vortexers doing 210-230whp with turbos. that must equate to around 280 flywheel power

by the way i have seen some Mk2 golf runing g60 block and intake manifold with a turbo and obviously whole load of engine mods he as claiming to run 430hp if i can remember right,is some black MK2 with rallye back panels,the guy showed a dyno and stuff,some Greek guy called Spyros.

dubcharged, limited edition lenso rs5's.

tried my mates keskin klassic 9x16's on the other day, totally mad!

anyone esle had fun fitting intercoolers on here?

by the way if my C dont sell i will fit a front intercooler,i have the big bumper so should make things easier. Any1 got any pics or ideas on how to fit the front ic with the big bumper??