Tigerfish

Vagcom 1994 VR6

Apologies if this has been covered before but I didn't find anything through the help. Does anyone known if the normal plug in type "all in one" odb2 code readers will work, or do I have buy the USB type ones and connect it to my laptop. I already have a reader, and just wanted to know if that should work or not, or if I'm likely to blow something up by trying it?

Cheers

tigerfish,

I have an OBD ii USB cable to run vagcom from, you just have to bear in mind that you'll need to check under the gearstick surround to see what plug you'll need. It's likely you'll need the 2+2 adaptor which will then plug in to the OBD-II style plug.

I am not sure if this will work with the all in ones but it definitely works with my copy of Vagcom on the laptop. The adaptor can be found on ebay.

HTH

1994 corrado have the normal 16 pin conector... But I doubt the all in one code reader will go into it since the corrado is old obd... Anyway... Nothing will blow up by trying

Thanks for the replies both. Is the plug located under the leather gaitor, or somewhere else in that area?

Any1 know which cable is correct for a 93' Vr? I've had a look on eBay but there's so many. Any links to the right 1?

Cheers

Ben

Any1 know which cable is correct for a 93' Vr? I've had a look on eBay but there's so many. Any links to the right 1?

Cheers

Ben

Just lift your gearstick surround frame and forward ahead of the gearstick. Your will either see a 16 pin dual line (2 x 8 pin) connector which the standard usually supplied.

Or you will see 3 x 2 pin connections. If it is 3 x 2 pin then you need the additional 16 pin to 2 connectors x 2pin adaptor.

On '93 I'd expect you to find the 16 pin that is normally supplied with the software.

Just lift your gearstick surround frame and forward ahead of the gearstick. Your will either see a 16 pin dual line (2 x 8 pin) connector which the standard usually supplied.

Or you will see 3 x 2 pin connections. If it is 3 x 2 pin then you need the additional 16 pin to 2 connectors x 2pin adaptor.

On '93 I'd expect you to find the 16 pin that is normally supplied with the software.

Iirc,the last time I looked, it's 2 small connectors. Its just I'm at work and wanted to get 1 ordered. I'll check wen I'm home.

Cheers

Iirc,the last time I looked, it's 2 small connectors. Its just I'm at work and wanted to get 1 ordered. I'll check wen I'm home.

Cheers

I've bought both cables, but so far not much luck getting up and running. Read the codes once and now fails to do anything.

The items I bought were ebay #'s 120793185126 and 300675663951