Bazmcc

The MK4 Golf/Bora Dash Conversion

Bloody hell, it's like waking up after being in a coma. Everything is bright and shiny. FEBRUARY..... what the hell happened since then, where have I been?

OK Quick update after I get my bearings.

Moved house (it's ok, i'm now in the house where my garage is.)

Rebuilt a garage floor that must be getting on for 50 - 60 years old. It's now solid as a rock.

Still trying to tidy up the garage after the rebuild.

Bought a bargain low miler MK2 Golf GTI (too good to pass up). Need to get it running and moved.

Been battling with the Fabia to try and keep the damn thing up to standard, new MOT last week.... yay.

Been on olidays to Wales and Chesire for C4R FEST.... brilliant.

Been pottering about with about 2 dozen different small projects here and there including making shelving for the garage after it's clean up.

Bought and broke a MK4 anniversary golf - nearly all gone. Anyone need a 180bhp (+ remap) 1.8T golf engine for a conversion?

Got the GFs Polo remapped and fitted a flip key with oem remote locking. Got new seats for it from a TT but she doesn't know that yet. Getting brackets made later.

And now.... well, back to work isn't it.

Here we go again.

Update for the car itself.

Got myself some Schroth ASM harnesses. I'll post pics of them maybe later if I get a chance. Looks like i'll be going for the rear seat delete.

Everything is powdercoated for under the front end. I need to go and get some new bolts for it all and start getting it cleaned up ready for fitting.

Wiring - the never ending story. I'll need to really get my head down and get that finished.

So don't let me run off again, it's time I kept this project moving.

So here's the new harnesses. I got them at a pretty nice price. They came with inertia reels and extender straps as well so they can be attached nicely at the back. Sorry for the crap pic. I'll maybe get them unpacked later.

null_zps43489460.jpg

Edited by Bazmcc

Made another fibreglass plate for the other drivers door car parts. So now I have one for both sides. This is going to take some head scratching to work out how they'll be attached and how the door card shape should be formed for clearance.

null_zpsf2992b8a.jpg

Well..... isn't this dragging on a bit? I got distracted with loads of other cars and crap getting in the way.

I have one of the door cards almost grafted together. It wasn't easy but I'll get some pics of it to post.

I also found some sport foils for the clocks which matched up with the icons on the very rare circuit board. Again, I'll get some pics of this. Next up, I need to clean out the engine bay and get the lighting wiring connected up inside the car.

Back on the wagon!!!

Sorry to seem like resurrecting this thread but how did it all turn out? got to the last post and it just stopped would realy like to see how it ended .

Awesome guide and full of incite into what i would love to do one day .

Regards Adam