Sign in to follow this  
Pau1

Porsche Cup Wheels

I'm after a set of Porsche Cup Look wheels for my VR6. I know Millie Migillia do them but I think Lenso do a set and Borbet also. Can anybody point me in the right dirrection for a set of these. Im not after the Turbo ones just the normal Cup ones.

TIA

Pau1

I think you can get the Porsche replica wheels from places like Wheelmania etc. What about a Porsche breakers for some genuine Cups, you will require the H&R adapters though to go from 5x100 to 5x130 PCD.

HTH :D

Thanks Valver, tried them already, no luck. The problem with the real Porsche wheels is that they're usually 8" wide and I only want 7 1/2", and the adapters are £180 too. Does anybody know the exact name for the Borbet wheel and the Lenso version. The DSP MK1 Golf VR6 Speedster has the borbet ones.

M8, what is it with you and pictures of wrecked cars???? :changes:

This sort of style??

Made by a Belgian company called Caractere.

Thanks guys for your time. The ones that are on the 944 are the ones i'm on about. I don't really like the 993 Turbo style ones as Campaign is right they do look like they're on backwards. Just the one side mind you.

:?:

They're meant to look like that - the wheels scoop air in to cool the brake discs.

And you get wheels for the left, and wheels for the right - so they all look like that...

The Pug 206 CC1.6l has those cup 3 style rims, though i've never heard of left and right handed wheels

If they were all the same - one side would scoop the air into the brakes and the other side wouldn't as they'd be the wrong way round.....

:?:

They're meant to look like that - the wheels scoop air in to cool the brake discs.

And you get wheels for the left, and wheels for the right - so they all look like that...

Not sure if your right about that you know...

Well, the proper Porsche wheels are left and right handed.

I dunno about Cup replica stuff, though.

Pau1, I noticed that the whels from awesome that VR6, posted were made by Lenso and i knew that checkpoint were selling lenso wheels, so i took the oppourtunity of being off and being in rosemount, and went round to have a chat with Ian there, He phoned the UK Distributor where first he was told you couldn't get the Cup replicas in 5x100 then, he said, 'actually, they were made, but there is no stock in the UK at the moment', and Like Ian says, You could wait for 10 weeks then find you cant get!, but if your not in a hurry, you could always ask Tony when you get back (he weren't in today).

Thanks Brian I've already priced the Millie Mag... ones from Tony. Still undecided though, wheels are all important and a pricey mistake if wrong...

Just seen this on PVW. Could be good for the 4 stud boys...

porsche 944/911 s2 alloys - genuine porsche 944/911 s2 alloys, 5 stud, 7x16. comes with 4 to 5 stud custom made kerscher adaptors suitable for mk2 golf etc. alloys and adaptors only, no rubber. open to offers. wheels are in aberdeen.

Correct! As it is, i had to go to halfords/Ripspeed too, and as i pulled in, so did the green Beetle with the Cup wheels! i've spoke to him before so i was going to ask where he got his from. As it was, he was there only to enquire about the said wheels (i think hes wrecked one?) and they found out they weren't made anymore!!! i dont think he was happy but i was going to ask him about them when he's wotking on saturday or next week.

Just seen this on PVW. Could be good for the 4 stud boys...

porsche 944/911 s2 alloys - genuine porsche 944/911 s2 alloys, 5 stud, 7x16. comes with 4 to 5 stud custom made kerscher adaptors suitable for mk2 golf etc. alloys and adaptors only, no rubber. open to offers. wheels are in aberdeen.

7 spoke things aren't they?

Yep, they're the sort of flat-faced rims with D-shaped holes - they're called Design 90.

I'm sourcing a set for my Golf, 8x16 all round, and getting them fully polished. A lot of the Euro Vw's are running them and I reckon you'll see loads of Veedubs at Inters with these wheels... 8) :D