Critical_Mass

Annoying off throttle jerk!

That is interesting....hmmmm. had my front 2 done but not the gearbox. think i'll look into swapping that one too then.

out of interest, will you be going for the competition one or street?

Edited by Corradoholic

Definitely not the competition one! I've used it before and although the gear shift is epic (even under full bore acceleration), the vibration and noise were too much for a daily.

/\ There's no such thing. All MK2/MK3/Corrado gearbox mounts are the same. I tried a "MK2 diesel mount" from GSF and it was utter garbage. Hardly a surpise given it was £13 I suppose. Tried to get one from the dealer but they list the same part for all MK2s/MK3s/Corrados etc and it was £60 odd. That lasted 9 months. The GSF one lasted less than 1 month.

ah, the mythical mk2 diesel mount, I don't think that was ever anything but the same solid rubber one used on the 1.3 :lol:

but there is a mk3 mount specific to the VR6, 16v and diesel mk3's 3A0 199 402 (AAA, ABF and diesel 1Z and AFN engines) and it just say's bonded rubber on ETKA, so it may not have the hydraulic centre like the earlier corrado and passat mounts and it's probably not available anymore anyway!

GSF will just sell you something that roughly fits, and for an old banger will probably work OK till it's scrapped.

Yeah that's it! There's a choice of bonded rubber (which soon becomes unbonded :D ) or the fluid filled one. There's never been a diesel specific one that I'm aware of. And I think as you say, the fluid one is discontinued now. And good job as it was rubbish!!

Changed my gearbox mount and it felt like the brand new one still, and it had done 194k as far as i know. Couldn't see any sign of fluid though, felt like solid rubber

/\ There's no such thing. All MK2/MK3/Corrado gearbox mounts are the same. I tried a "MK2 diesel mount" from GSF and it was utter garbage. Hardly a surpise given it was £13 I suppose. Tried to get one from the dealer but they list the same part for all MK2s/MK3s/Corrados etc and it was £60 odd. That lasted 9 months. The GSF one lasted less than 1 month.

Ok so what other options do we have? Dont want a solid mount. Im guessing just a standard rear mount then.

How long do the rears (good quality) mounts last. Only had all 3 changed about 3 years ago. ~40k miles.

Vibratechnics (£74) is the only option really. Poly - tried, hated it. OE rubber - don't last. GSF rubber - Don't even go there.

Then again, my engines put down a lot more power than the platform was originally designed for, so I have to accept a bit of collateral damage, but for a standard engine, I'd still go VT personally.....and live with the noise / vibration. The other benefits make up for it.