Ginger60

Insurance renewal with Chris knott insurance...

Hi my insurance is due next week, trying to see if this quote was a high one ive been driving for ever.... & felt mid 400 was getting bit steep... i heard some bad reviews on some insurance companies... need some advice.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

They had no interest in keeping my business this year, on trying to reinsure my daily driver despite having max no claims, no points and driving a very low insurance group car. Couldn't work it out to be honest. Best thing to do is get ringing around sadly.

I managed to save 25% by switching to a competitor (Aviva!)

They had no interest in keeping my business this year, on trying to reinsure my daily driver despite having max no claims, no points and driving a very low insurance group car. Couldn't work it out to be honest. Best thing to do is get ringing around sadly.

I managed to save 25% by switching to a competitor (Aviva!)

Hi Jim, ok mate ill ask around thanks again

HIC seem to be doing good things at the moment... make sure you mention you found their details on this forum.

Got quoted over £700 to insure the G... phoned them and they came back an hour later with £430 fully comp and im relatively young compare to some on here :D

HIC seem to be doing good things at the moment... make sure you mention you found their details on this forum.

Got quoted over £700 to insure the G... phoned them and they came back an hour later with £430 fully comp and im relatively young compare to some on here :D

Nice one mate, when i was a whippersnapper like you I paid 1000 3rd party in 2001!

Nice one mate, when i was a whippersnapper like you I paid 1000 3rd party in 2001!

I paid over double that for TPF&T on my first Corrado when I was 21... but then I did still live at home so could just about afford that level of insanity!

HIC wouldnt budge on my renewal, was £10 more than i was paying and wouldnt/couldnt beat it. Went to Greenlight and they halved it. Though i have no agreed valuation :(

Dont HIC and Adrian Flux have the same underwriters or are the same company?

HIC wouldnt budge on my renewal, was £10 more than i was paying and wouldnt/couldnt beat it. Went to Greenlight and they halved it. Though i have no agreed valuation :(

Dont HIC and Adrian Flux have the same underwriters or are the same company?

MM reason i went to Chris was cos HIC were dear some time ago...

Chris Knott didn't even try to keep our business last year and the quote I got from Flux was hilarious! We ended up with Admiral Multicar- all mods declared, protected no claims etc etc for around £550. That's for a Storm & an Octavia vRS, both modified. Pretty good!

Yeah, Admiral told me no mods too, although that was at least a yr ago now :S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with admiral multi-car this year. £570 for the Corrado VR6 and Lexus GS430 Sport, both modded. They even matched my GS430 no claims (18 yrs) for the Corrado. Went from

Zero no claims to 18 years for the second car in just the space of a phone call. Gives me total freedom next renewal to get quotes with full NCB on both cars... Bit of a result :)

I'm with admiral multi-car this year. £570 for the Corrado VR6 and Lexus GS430 Sport, both modded. They even matched my GS430 no claims (18 yrs) for the Corrado. Went from

Zero no claims to 18 years for the second car in just the space of a phone call. Gives me total freedom next renewal to get quotes with full NCB on both cars... Bit of a result :)

Dont think it works like that mate, they just match the NCB while your with them, but you will still earn NCB on the second car i think, i would check with them though.....

Dont think it works like that mate, they just match the NCB while your with them, but you will still earn NCB on the second car i think, i would check with them though.....

I already checked that when they said it. He said the no claims would stand at the end of the year if I moved. He could be lying of course, which is always possible.

He may have meant the one year that you've got at the end of the year, i hope you do, dont get me wrong, but it looks a bit suspicious..........

I asked the specific question about taking the 18 years with me, he said yes, but as I say, he could've been lying.

Thats bloody brilliant for two cars, i caved in after some rediculous quotes thereafter so stayed with them... for now...

i,ve got the corrado classic insurance agreed value fully comp £280 thru the post office the BF got his thru A flux heavily modified about the same price must say you do have to shop around every year:thumbleft: ANNE

When i rang Admiral they wouldnt cover modified cars???

Seems to be inconsistancy :?

Just thought I should share - I'm using Admiral with all mods declared, I signed up in Aug 2011. Alternatively you could try Bell who use the same underwriters (and callcentre!) but have slightly different rules.

When I get my 1 year NCB in August (fingers crossed) I'll have to start the whole parade again :)

Stone

I already checked that when they said it. He said the no claims would stand at the end of the year if I moved. He could be lying of course, which is always possible.

I moved from Admiral to Privilege this year Multi car to multi car and carried both no-claims over - Touran and C - and the C was created as per the phone call above. Look at the paperwork you get from Admiral at renewal, it includes proof of no claims and you'll get separate documents for each car.

My Privilege ins is £456 for the Touran and C, I'm 48 with full no claims on both, in Glasgow. One thing worth doing is using the job checker on moneysavingexpert.com. You put in your job description and it gives other similar job titles and ranks them as an ins company would. Find the cheapest you feel comfortable with. Also when you find a good quote, try it a few different ways i.e. who is the main driver - you or your wife.

i,ve got the corrado classic insurance agreed value fully comp £280 thru the post office the BF got his thru A flux heavily modified about the same price must say you do have to shop around every year:thumbleft: ANNE

the PO~S~T OFFICE?! blimey any good?

Who is the underwriter ?

aviva it was the halifax before this it helps if you seem to have your partner on oit as well[ATTACH=CONFIG]59501[/ATTACH]