NewbridgeJob

What relay is this?

Can anyone help me identify the no:53 relay (the one thats upside down) at the top of this picture? It's clicking as I'm trying to start the car

f5f55f44.jpg

radiator fan and run relay by what I can gather from the bentley mate

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 PM ----------

167 is the fuel pump relay that you also have marked

Naa, according to the four wires to the inverted 53 relay, White, Red/Yellow, Red/White and Red/Blue, its the Lambda Probe heating Relay.

Comes from fuse 18 (20A) on the Red/Yellow. ECU control input is on White. Red/White goes to the Lambda probe connector above the rear right engine mount. Red/Blue goes to ECU switch 12 volts from its ECU relay.

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?56785-What-does-this-relay-control-FIXED&highlight=chattering+lambda

Edited by RW1

Ah I will keep stum next time don't read things right. RW1 how do you tell the colours off the relay off the wiring diagram? When I look at them it really confuses me and I go back to day job of meat head hitting things with hammers :)

Ah I will keep stum next time don't read things right. RW1 how do you tell the colours off the relay off the wiring diagram? When I look at them it really confuses me and I go back to day job of meat head hitting things with hammers :)

You can't get things right if the reference manual is wrong.......

Depends which wiring diagram source you are looking at. In the Bentley, they are the little two letter set or sets like ws or ws/ge. These are placed somewhere along the drawn diagrammed wire in the wiring diagram. The first example is a single White coloured wire ws, no colour stripe, ie. ws = white; the second is a White coloured wire with a Yellow stripe colour, ie. in this ge = yellow. The VAG colour code is standard for all diagrams as Bentley is VW derived and usually on the diagram somewhere.

Then they use the same wire colours to confuse you. In which case you have to look at the wire size 0.5mm, 1mm, 1.5mm to determine its the right wire with that colour code or codes.

Second thing I have is the correct relay positions and their functions. There's a diagram I posted up somewhere on the forum but the search doesn't find it.

Third thing is I have detail photos of the wiring, so can see at a glance on my PC.

Sad really. :(

HTH

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?14783-help-on-lamba-probe-wiring&highlight=lambda+probe+relay

Edited by RW1

Handy to know and learn from more knowledgable people than me. You don't have a photo of fuel pump wiring do you, u could share? Wiring has always confused me now I know why. :) just thick :)