K Simmonds

Factory total closure, how common.

On a recent hot day I locked my car with my windows upon a jar, I noticed that when I turned the key to lock up the windows closed themselves:scratch:. Now, we're talking about a 1990 Dutch import LHD G60 with no wiring mods. It did have an aged VAG alarm fitted that was causing all sorts of issues when I first got the car so I removed every trace of it and put the loom back to 100% original with solder and heat shrink so it's nothing to do with an alarm.

Did car's this early have total closure as an option? I guess they must have, I've been over the loom again to check to see if I missed something and I I haven't, it's factory all of it. Apart from the solder and heat shrink of course.

And I've checked, if I leave both windows right down and lock the car, the passenger window closes first then the drivers side.

Further to that question, if anyone know how this factory system works what controls it? An extra relay????:scratch::scratch::scratch:

Edited by K Simmonds
More info

hi kit i had this problem with my audi a3 when i was near with the keys in my pocket the window would either open or side lights come on , but now that car is gone thank god

Well, I never, that's pretty high tech for a 1990 car. I'm quite sure my previous G60 didn't have this feature, however my 96 VR did have it.

Thanks for the info!!

Gabriel, looking forward to seeing and sorting your recent purchase.

:g60:

Edited by K Simmonds
More info

Lol, It's in the instruction manual...

All cars with electric windows but only the late cars get sunroof closure also as per the MK3 Golf.

Thanks for the answers guys, looks like my last G60 was broken, as definitely didn't have this feature.

Still cool for a 22 year old car.

Oh yeah, my intruction manual is in Dutch.

Edited by K Simmonds
More info

Some of the early cars have dealer fit electric windows, these look like factory switchgear but have no window control box and so no closure on the key, you may get closure with an aftermarket alarm though. - no pun intended :)

Edited by davidwort

Some of the early cars have dealer fit electric windows, these look like factory switchgear but have no window control box and so no closure on the key, you may get closure with an aftermarket alarm though. - no pun intended :)

Nice one, that's interesting info. Guess my previous G60 had dealer fit windows then. So the total closure electronics are built into the window control box, that make sense. Thanks very much.

EDIT--

That also explains what I found inside the doors of the early 16V I recently broke, looked like a mess to me, not a tidy job, also the car had no window control box. So that all make perfect sense now, was bothering my why someone had hard soldered the wires to the backs of the switches, along with the absent control box which I wanted to keep as a spare. It was the dealers doing!!

Edited by K Simmonds