coullstar

Ebay MRC VR6 Turbo

Maybe I'm just too used to speed but I never once thought "Holy sh*t" driving my VRT.

But, the best experience with it still has to be beating a V8 M3. He came bombing down the slip road behind me and got right up my chuff. As I was in 3rd, I just nailed it and pulled away immediately. Joined the dual-carriage at an mph I won't disclose, but the M3 guy still thought he could take me as he immediately pulled into the right lane to overtake me. Nope. I just kept the pedal down and he fell back even more. At close to the BMW's mph limit, I ran out of gearing and he closed in again, but both strangled by mph limits, we sat neck and neck.

And that was only 11psi of boost.

I didn't always have it my own way. I got handed my arse to me by a Focus ST and an old 911. Both were obviously heavily modified, but I was a little gutted being beaten by a bloody focus though :lol:

Maybe I'm just too used to speed but I never once thought "Holy sh*t" driving my VRT.

I think you were just used to it. But coming from being used to a regular VR6 with 200BHP, giving a VR6 Turbo the beans for the first few times is a genuinely eye opening experience. It feels like you're going into warp drive!

Still haven't experienced in a ride VRT, I need to get that sorted :(

I think you were just used to it. But coming from being used to a regular VR6 with 200BHP, giving a VR6 Turbo the beans for the first few times is a genuinely eye opening experience. It feels like you're going into warp drive!

I used it every day for 4 years, so yeah I more than got used to it :D Surprisingly economical actually.

Oh, I forgot to mention, on one the last trips out in it before I hoiked the motor out, an M5 (the V10 one) pulled out a mahoooosive gap on me in the midrange acceleration. 50-100. So I want one of those now :D

Thing is though, as quick as VRTs are, they just aren't an M3, M5, 911 etc. All the cars VRT owners aspire to beating. The way they hunker down, deploy all that grunt effectively and shoot off into the distance in a calm, controlled manner is something a VRT will NEVER do, or any stupidly powerful FWD car come to that. I've had even modestly powerful cars pull away from in the lower gears simply because I couldn't get the grunt down.

So yeah, there are two sides to every VRT story ;) And that's before we even mention the reliability and heat management issues :D

But yep, the first time you experience that VRT grunt swelling up at around 3000rpm and then exploding into a frenzy, is certainly a "things to try before you die" experience.

GUTTED GUTTED GUTTED!!!!!

After barely a week of owning this amazing car I am going to have to sell it!

With scarcely believable bad timing I have been offered a chance to work abroad for two years so I'm going to struggle justifying holding on to this car. If anyone is interested in a bargain get in touch, I'm not looking to make a profit on this car (even though I think I prob could as it's amazing and I got it for what I think was a total steal especially as there is a vr6 turbo LHD on piston heads right now with the same milage and spec for almost £10k!!!)

I would be happy to get £5000 for mine which I think is quite fair seeing as I have put it through an MOT and got an all seasons car cover for it and a genuine corrado steering wheel which will all go with it.

I will be advertising it soon but if any corrado forum members want first dibs on it get in touch

Cheers all

Sam (one very gutted forum member)

How far from Aberdeen are you ??

Pretty moody far I'm afraid - Devon!

---------- Post added at 1:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 1:55 AM ----------

Ha ha, that was supposed to be "pretty bloody far" serves me right for using a stupid iPhone with predictive text!

I haven't posted on here for a while as I have been working abroad for a few months, but got back this week and just stumbled across this... I will be speaking to my insurance company tomorrow to see if they tell me to forget it... Might be pm ing for more info after that :)

I haven't posted on here for a while as I have been working abroad for a few months, but got back this week and just stumbled across this... I will be speaking to my insurance company tomorrow to see if they tell me to forget it... Might be pm ing for more info after that :)

Ok mate, get in touch if you have any joy.

Gutted!! Missed this by a few days, it sold today :( Oh well, if anyone has a bargain VRT as good as this then let me know!

It's gone! Sob sob sob.

That was my most brief car ownership ever! Oh well, as a friend of mine said on hearing I had made the very difficult decision to sell it "it's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all"!

cheers all

Sam

So where did it go?

Sold to a guy called Ben who lives in Hull and works in Essex so it could be seen driving around any of those places in the near future! Not sure if he is a forum member, I think he might be, so it could be back on here soon too!