Wesleyvr6

Cat replacement pipe

Morning all, is anyone on here running a jetex exhaust system with a cat replacement pipe? Fitted my cat back jetex last week but noticed the inside of the cat had a large chunk floating around in there! Tried to break the piece down but it wouldn't budge!! I've rang jetex and they say they don't do a cat replacement pipe for a 95 vr6! Was just wondering how you've got round this? Thanks.

Pics would help as there's little that can be diagnosed from that, other than it clearly isn't a Jetex or VW part we're talking about.

Sorry that wasn't the best way to pose the question, what I meant was is anyone running a decay pipe instead of a cat, alongside a jetex system?? The description about the inside of the cat being broken was just my reason for wanting to change to a decat pipe? Thanks

Oh right, so it's the original cat that has a chunk of something in it?

I have the Jetex system on mine but it's been a bit more customised at the cat end than you'd probably do. So long as the decat is the right length, there will be no problem with mating it up to the Jetex system. I would recommend a resonator in place of the cat instead of a straight piece of pipe, or you could get booming at motorway speeds.

Oh right, so it's the original cat that has a chunk of something in it?

I have the Jetex system on mine but it's been a bit more customised at the cat end than you'd probably do. So long as the decat is the right length, there will be no problem with mating it up to the Jetex system. I would recommend a resonator in place of the cat instead of a straight piece of pipe, or you could get booming at motorway speeds.

Yes that's right. I've put an ad in the wanted section, might see if I can source a replacement cat instead then.