Sign in to follow this  
Supercharged

ABS Light Stays On!

Just a quick one, on my way to work the ABS light did not turn off, I drove a couple of miles and was still on, turned off ignition and re started car and it was fine for the rest of the journey?? - anyone got any ideas why this happened or what to check?

Could of been damp under the old bonnet. mine went through a stage of doing this. but it fine now!!

Could of been damp under the old bonnet. mine went through a stage of doing this. but it fine now!!

Well mine used to do that and found out it was the front drivers side sensor playing up - VW techy said that the heat from brakes eventually kills em....

When plugged the VAGCOM into diags socket - 16 faults came up for the ABS *:) LOL... as a result of the light going on and off! *:)

I have the same issue - ABS sensor was knackered - either £41 or £60+ - just bought one today.

I think that this is quite a common fault on these cars... Mine used to flash on then re-set itself, or just stay on until you turned the car off and then back on again... (Wonder if it was programmed by micro$oft?!? :lol: )

Sensors on the fronts do get killed by heat, and the rotors on the rear disks corrode, open up slightly and then don't always spin with the wheel causing a fault light... (that's what was causing my faults...)

Also, road debris sometimes gets into the rotors on the disks and stops the sensors reading properly causing the fault light to come on... If you've got time, jack up the car and have a look at the rotors to make sure they're OK and clean...

Does anyone know if G60s have a VAGCOM socket? It'd be interesting to get mine on one to find out what codes are on it...

Yeah the sensors are a prone to failure, usually the front. There are a few earlier threads about this.

H8RRA £41 or £60+ ? Fronts only cost me £37 from vag

Does anyone know if G60s have a VAGCOM socket? It'd be interesting to get mine on one to find out what codes are on it...

yours will probably have a vag-com socket but it might not talk to the Vag-com........my mate ess three tried fault-coding dubster82's 91 H-plate G-60 a month ago and it wouldn't talk to it

I had this problem although my radiator fan packed in as well!!!!!!!!!! Turned out to be a relay and a cheap fix