mad-dog

door locks

hi have just bought a 1990 corrado and the only lock the key works in is the boot so i am wanting to change all the locks so i have just one key i have been looking around and it seem that a mk 2 barrel will fit the raddo locks can anyone confirm this or even point me in the right direction for a reasonably priced set ???

I can't comment on the mk2 barrels. But other options would include:

1) Passat rear handles for a lock delete.

2) Buy a complete matching set from a breaking car.

3) Buy the re-tumbling kit from the dealers (around £50 I think).

Oh and welcome. We need pictures of the new addition :)

not too sure about a lock delete am keeping an eye open for a breaker :) retumbling is new to me but an option i spose but think i would prefer a complete new set as then i can be sure that anyone who may have a spare key from the old locks wont have one that fits but thanks for the reply will sort out a pic soon :) am just composing a list of parts i need and will be checking the "for sale" section of the forum

many thanks will have a go as the car came with a spare door handle so i can practice on that will update as it goes :) have a few other jobs to do so will check the forum for help as needed got the alternator back today so thats going back on tonight if i get time

I have passat rears on mine but could really do with replacing them as they aren't the best now( it's a 2 handed job to get in)!

Anyone know the part number or where I can get them from??