petemcr

Smell of fuel in cabin

Anyone tell me what might be causing this because it's starting to alarm me

Getting quite a strongish smell of fuel in the cabin, not all the time though, just if I give it a rev but it can be quite strong.

Now, this only seems to happen when the engines up to temp but it might be down to the cooling fan blowing the smell when it's temp is up.

I did a search and I noticed someone had something similar, and someone had suggested it might be the fuel line going to the fuel rail. any insight on this would be great, like I said it's not all the time (or is only noticeable when the cooling fan is on), but with the heat we've been having it's got me a bit on edge

If i were you id find the leak quickly,your raddo will end up like my old one did

what engine?

mate, that's a horrible sight to see.

It's a VR, how do I go about finding it, it did it one night so I went up to see a mate who's a mechanic, they both had a look around but it had stopped by then so it made it hard to find it.

It seems like it comes from the fuel rail to me, or near the airbox

Porous holes in the fuel line due to age,gently move hoses while engine is running,youll see tiny holes appear