XM4RTYX

Newbie from Hartlepool with a VR6

Hi all,

New to this forum, I did have a TT 225, but due to insurance costs, I had to get rid of it! So I decided to get a classic car policy on my corrado, saving me alot of money! And I'm absolutely loving the corrado, so glad I got it :thumbleft:

Welcome. I saw your goodbye on the TT forum and wondered when you would pop up on here :)

Pics of the new car?

Are you member on TT forum too? I will have to put them on here, when I get on my laptop, doesn't seem to be working on my phone

I am a member over there but not a very active one. Same forum name. I joined when I was looking to buy either a TT or a Corrado. I bought a Corrado in the end because I'd already owned a couple of TT's back in the early days. I occassionally pop back when I have thoughts of getting a TT again and I just happened to notice your "goodbye" post over there saying you'd sold one and bought a VR6.

The Corrado community is a lot smaller than the TT one and the forum isn't as busy as a result. But what's great about it is that everyone is so eager to help others out and there's a nice "family" feeling at meets. It's a bit of a pity you didn't get one last month because we just had a fantastic 50+ car meet at Brooklands for the Corrado Club national day (lots of pictures in the events forum).

The Corrado will probably be a little harder to maintain than a TT because spares are getting difficult to obtain. But there are plenty of people breaking them, so used parts are frequently available. But they look great (in a retro way), sound fantastic, and draw quite a bit of attention compared to modern cars.

Have fun :)

Welcome from a fellow north Easter. My lass works in hartlepool so I'll tell her.to keep het eyes open for you

I am a member over there but not a very active one. Same forum name. I joined when I was looking to buy either a TT or a Corrado. I bought a Corrado in the end because I'd already owned a couple of TT's back in the early days. I occassionally pop back when I have thoughts of getting a TT again and I just happened to notice your "goodbye" post over there saying you'd sold one and bought a VR6.

The Corrado community is a lot smaller than the TT one and the forum isn't as busy as a result. But what's great about it is that everyone is so eager to help others out and there's a nice "family" feeling at meets. It's a bit of a pity you didn't get one last month because we just had a fantastic 50+ car meet at Brooklands for the Corrado Club national day (lots of pictures in the events forum).

The Corrado will probably be a little harder to maintain than a TT because spares are getting difficult to obtain. But there are plenty of people breaking them, so used parts are frequently available. But they look great (in a retro way), sound fantastic, and draw quite a bit of attention compared to modern cars.

Have fun :)

Thanks for that Portent, I think i would have missed the TT alot more, if i didnt get the corrado. I will look forward to future meets! I will have to check out the photos of Brooklands. Got to say, The picture of your corrado is very nice!! A great example. I know parts will be quite hard to get hold of, is it true you can use some golf parts for the corrado?

I just a newbie with car engines at the minute. haha.

Here are a few photo's of my corrado:-

IMG_0599.jpg

IMG_0598.jpg

IMG_0597.jpg

Welcome from a fellow north Easter. My lass works in hartlepool so I'll tell her.to keep het eyes open for you

Thanks lilfuzzer, good to see a fellow north eastener on here! Its a black corrado mate, if your lass spots me, tell her to give me a wave

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:11 PM ----------

Hi portent, i have replied to your post, with my photo's of the corrado, but apparently, the Moderators are checking it, before they can allow it to be posted.

Thanks but mine isn't quite as nice close up. I can see yours. Lovely :)

Here's the thread for the meet. Lots of pictures over these pages onwards:

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?59944-National-Day-2012-Sunday-20-May-Brooklands/page18

Yes there are some Golf mk2 parts in the Corrado. It was a bit of a hybrid of Golf and Passat. But the body panels and interior were made by Karmann. VW supplied most of the mechanicals from different models, Karmann assembled them after adding their own parts, then VW sold them. So the car is made from very old VW parts (most now obsolete) and bodywork/interior from Karmann (who are no longer in business).

Thanks but mine isn't quite as nice close up. I can see yours. Lovely :)

Here's the thread for the meet. Lots of pictures over these pages onwards:

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?59944-National-Day-2012-Sunday-20-May-Brooklands/page18

Yes there are some Golf mk2 parts in the Corrado. It was a bit of a hybrid of Golf and Passat. But the body panels and interior were made by Karmann. VW supplied most of the mechanicals from different models, Karmann assembled them after adding their own parts, then VW sold them. So the car is made from very old VW parts (most now obsolete) and bodywork/interior from Karmann (who are no longer in business).

Thanks portent, mine could probably do with a re-spray, but it's not that bad. I always wondered were karmann came into! Now i know thank to you. Thanks for the link, I will have to have a scout through it very soon

Ooooh another NE Corrado owner! Hi! Car looks tidy!

Thanks mookie, good to see another fellow NE'r just up the road as well!