Portent

Anyone going to GTI International?

Yeah was good show. Never took any pic's was to busy on the sprint and handling course lol

Yeah was good show. Never took any pic's was to busy on the sprint and handling course lol

Yeah i think i took a video of you on the sprint. not a full video just the start really i was sat in the grandstand

Yeah i think i took a video of you on the sprint. not a full video just the start really i was sat in the grandstand

Cheers, my mate took a few of me on it, but need to email them over to me

Felt a little unloved at Inters today. Was it something I said? Here is the CCGB stand and yes that is me all alone:

[ATTACH]67177[/ATTACH]

By the way, did not see the accident, but saw the air ambulance arrive as I was leaving. Hope all are ok.

Just didn't seem to be much enthusiasm for Inters this year sadly! :(

Felt quite embarrassing as I had a well attended Scirocco Register stand not far from me one side and several nice Mk1 Golf club members the other side! The weather turned out to be okay too. Never mind, better luck at my next show.

Still, having heard the bad news about the accident, puts my disappointment into perspective and makes it unimportant. If anyone is seriously injured, it could end the drag strip at Inters and with falling attendance and less trade stands, I could see the show struggling to survive.

Unfortunately on holiday next weekend or I would have gone to Stanford. Scirocco Register National Day will be my next meet. Good turnout last year on that, so fingers crossed.

Shame to hear about the poor attendance.

Stanford Hall is next, here´s hoping for good weather.

Really looking forward to the SciroccoRegister ND, last year had in excess of 40 cars attending :)

Tempest (Eric)

Felt quite embarrassing as I had a well attended Scirocco Register stand not far from me one side and several nice Mk1 Golf club members the other side! The weather turned out to be okay too. Never mind, better luck at my next show.

Still, having heard the bad news about the accident, puts my disappointment into perspective and makes it unimportant. If anyone is seriously injured, it could end the drag strip at Inters and with falling attendance and less trade stands, I could see the show struggling to survive.

Problem is, it's a vicious circle. For me as a Corrado enthusiast there is very little reason to attend shows like Inters any more. In terms of display cars there's nothing that I haven't seen at several thousand VW shows over the years (and it's usually just chequebook cars anyway.. so zero interest) and the number of trade stands has dwindled - and those that remain don't sell stuff I want to buy.

Several years ago you used to get companies like GPC (excellent to buy all your Corrado trim bits, etc), you could buy your oil & filters at good prices, etc etc. These days it's ECU remapping companies (yawn), endless stands just selling t-shirts and festival hats, and a few stands selling shiny bits like lights and strutbraces for just about everything other than the Corrado.

The boat has sailed on generic VW shows for me a long time ago, Inters included. I'd much rather be going to classic car meets and stuff, to see something new and different, talk to real enthusiasts, and learn about how to preserve our ageing cars rather than where to buy shiny tat.

Problem is, it's a vicious circle. For me as a Corrado enthusiast there is very little reason to attend shows like Inters any more. In terms of display cars there's nothing that I haven't seen at several thousand VW shows over the years (and it's usually just chequebook cars anyway.. so zero interest) and the number of trade stands has dwindled - and those that remain don't sell stuff I want to buy.

Several years ago you used to get companies like GPC (excellent to buy all your Corrado trim bits, etc), you could buy your oil & filters at good prices, etc etc. These days it's ECU remapping companies (yawn), endless stands just selling t-shirts and festival hats, and a few stands selling shiny bits like lights and strutbraces for just about everything other than the Corrado.

The boat has sailed on generic VW shows for me a long time ago, Inters included. I'd much rather be going to classic car meets and stuff, to see something new and different, talk to real enthusiasts, and learn about how to preserve our ageing cars rather than where to buy shiny tat.

Indeed.. I was considering it for a short time as I want to get my car to a few shows now its ready, however quickly decided against it.

I'm torn for next weekend too, Stanford with no show and shine [or much love] for modified cars or Retro Show at Santa Pod which caters for cars up to 1989 :lol:

I think I may just hold out till Castle Combe now.

Jesus that's a poor turnout! After buying my car last year Inters was the one show I really had to go to. It has fond memories for me as I went to it when I had my old grey mk2 16v back in the late 90's. So returning last year had a lot of sentimental value. This year I did want to go and it's not too far from me. But I missed the deadline for booking a stand place, the weather has been awful recently, and more significantly I worked a 17 hour day on Saturday, only finishing at about 2:30am on Sunday (tip for anyone thinking of working for a bank in IT... don't!).

I can't believe that Stanford Hall still has vacancies too. I think a lot of it is the weather. Why plan to go somewhere when there is a 70% chance of getting very wet? Also, quite significantly, some of the 'big hitters' in the Corrado scene have either sold up recently or seem to be considering it. I'm seriously considering putting my name down simply to make sure we have more than a couple of Corrados there. But I'm not quite sure yet if I'm free.

But I do have to agree with Jim. Aside from my sentimental view of Inters from my youth, I'm now more interested in classic car shows and representing the Corrado there. VAG events now seem to be just a showcase for whoever has the bggest wallet or can make their wheels disappear under the wheel arch (how do they do that - I cant even get out of my drive without scraping the splitter and I'm not low at all).

Also... all the best to those that were injured today.

Felt a little unloved at Inters today. Was it something I said? Here is the CCGB stand and yes that is me all alone:

[ATTACH]67177[/ATTACH]

Had I realised that was the stand I would have parked a bit closer! Maybe we should invest in one of those nifty banners like the other lot, I did have a good scout around once I'd seen the attractions and spotted a few Corrados but obviously didn't get close enough to read the (tiny) print on the mirror-hanger...

Some quick shots of those I spotted:

inters1.jpg

inters2.jpg

inters4.jpg

inters5.jpg

Saw this one sprinting - anyone remember times?

inters6.jpg

inters7.jpg

inters8.jpg

My lady friend and I did enjoy it, yes it's a bit tacky in places but there were still some very nice cars, including that Belgian one. I mainly went to get a few ideas for body work and that was successful enough so I call it a win. Especially since the gf discovered a love of Lupos...and we caught up with this chap at the services on the way home!

inters9.jpg

inters10.jpg

inters11.jpg

Stone

[ATTACH]67177[/ATTACH]

By the way, did not see the accident, but saw the air ambulance arrive as I was leaving. Hope all are ok.

not the only one! i went to find the stand on saturday and nearly gave up. was no one else due on saturday?

after being told three different locations by offficials not really sure where it was & nearly taking my splitter off sinking in i decided not to even bother sunday after it rained all night.

good show tho some nice corrados, left before the accident hope their ok

[ATTACH=CONFIG]67261[/ATTACH]

I do agree about Inters. I have attended it fairly regularly, mainly because there are not many water-cooled VAG shows in the calendar. A few years back I went to it near Ipswich and there were loads of trade stands, which took nearly all day to get around.

The problem for traders these days is the Internet, eBay and fuel prices. The cost of getting stock to a show means it is difficult to make any profit at all, when trying to keep prices down to online rates.

I was a little disappointed at the turnout as it was a 4 hour round trip for me, but I certainly understand the reasons people did not go.

I hope people can make it to the Scirocco Register day, because that was brilliant last year. I think Corrados outnumbered Sciroccos at their own National Day! I also going to the Berkeley Castle meet which seems to be getting a lot of interest.

Tony

Thing is with trade stands.. we all know we can buy stuff cheaper on the internet yes.. but there's certainly a lot to be said for being able to go buy something in person, as an impulse buy, certainly if the trader is within say 10% of an internet price. You go to a show, you have some cash in your wallet, and you see a trader with something you were after - you think to yourself, screw it - I'll just pick it up now.

Anywho - hoping to make it to the SR National Day :) I know a few Corrado owners who are hoping to go, so yes, we could end up outnumbering them! :D

I do agree about Inters. I have attended it fairly regularly, mainly because there are not many water-cooled VAG shows in the calendar. A few years back I went to it near Ipswich and there were loads of trade stands, which took nearly all day to get around.

The problem for traders these days is the Internet, eBay and fuel prices. The cost of getting stock to a show means it is difficult to make any profit at all, when trying to keep prices down to online rates.

I was a little disappointed at the turnout as it was a 4 hour round trip for me, but I certainly understand the reasons people did not go.

I hope people can make it to the Scirocco Register day, because that was brilliant last year. I think Corrados outnumbered Sciroccos at their own National Day! I also going to the Berkeley Castle meet which seems to be getting a lot of interest.

Tony

Yep, I still like rummaging through traders stock, seeing lights and accessories in the flesh and buying spontaneously. Although there is nothing I can buy for the Corrado, I love going to the Sandown Park bug meet as there are lots of bits and bobs to browse through.

I did buy a bonnet stay clip at Inters, ooh last of the big spenders :-)