carrots

coilover adjustment

hi ive never had coilovers before and have just seen some very cheap uns on ebay which look nice but are most prob rubbish.i am wondering how you would adjust them so they are all the same height.

Count the threads, then measure centre of the wheel to the arch worked for me. oh and from what i have gathered don't buy cheap save up and get something decent.

cheers these cheap uns looked nice and have a 2 year warrenty,but they must be crap for under £170 a set

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COILOVER-VW-CORRADO-ADJUSTABLE-SUSPENSION-/251075029882?_trksid=p3286.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8928265598671132685

Looks like a unbranded product which any one can put there own name to.definitive susspension thread lot of info there I would go with kw or weitec though.

Matey if your still looking I have found a website on my hunt for the right suspension that can get KW basic variant 1 delivered for £490.

Matey if your still looking I have found a website on my hunt for the right suspension that can get KW basic variant 1 delivered for £490.

Would that be venom motorsport by any chance??

They are very reasonable on price i just bought some weitec gt's off there im waiting for them to arrive as we speak :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Coily i was looking at dampers and springs but theres not many drop options for a vr.

And i decided it was better with coilovers to have complete control over the height :), hopefully they live up to the reviews i have heard. :p

Tbh it was the slight saving and the fact that it was only the v1 basics.

sounds wierd but ive heard great reviews on botha nd obviously everyone rates the kw's but they are both the same company and from what i can work out everyone rates the kw on weather resistance, and the basics dont come with the extra weather protection so i couldnt see a real difference between them and the weitecs in reviews i have seen.

but i suppose i will find out the real pros and cons when i have mine fitted, i will let you know what i think :)

Stainless steel (Inox) KWs are really good quality and should be winter proof with minimal maintenance. KW's however are superbly easy to adjust just don't over tighten the little set screw when you're done... GRRRRR.

As far as setting the height, aim about three quarters of the way up the body with the adjuster, lower the car back onto it's wheels and see what you think. Then move it down the body to lower it more or up to raise it. I always use a ruler to measure the distance between the underside of the adjuster and the very last thread on the body. Sometimes you may need to set one side slightly differently to the other but check the distance from a fixed point to the ground on both sides before deciding on any tweaks - usually the distance from the centre of the wheel arch to the ground or a sill etc... then you MUST get the alignment checked and adjusted or it will drive like poo.

Cool keep is posted. I have asked if anyone has run the Weite and did not get an answer

Well hopefully ill be able to report back very soon as while we have been on here look what has just arrived through my door :dance:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]65821[/ATTACH]

Make sure you set them on level ground too. I set our coilovers on our breaking up uneven driveway and it looks a lot lower when on a flat level surface.

Just to update you i have fitted my weitecs now and i am very impressed. the ride quality is very good in comparison to so many cars i have been in that have been lowered. (however i have never been in a kw lowered corrado) also the coilovers had a quality look and feel other then they seems fairly plastic but so are the kw's and they are clearly built to last. but the threads are decent and thick.

at the moment my springs are set just over half way down and tbh i cant see how you could get any lower unless you lived and drove around on top of a fresh bowl of angel delight. this is why im going to be raising the car up soon when i have to time but i have to say the main reason i bought was for a good ride and handling and i can safely say these will fit the bill :). i hope that helps if you have any questions im sure i can help out

just as a quick pointer though you will need spacers for the rear :/ as i have just found, luckily i havent done much driving just a mile or 2 to test, but i just removed the wheel to raise the coilovers and they have been rubbing at the back luckily no major damage but its started to rub away at the nut (looked okay when i fitted and even when i look up from underneath atm they are not touching so must be while driving along.

oh well i will have to wait for some spacers :brickwall: