Portent

And much WTF! ensued

I took my car for an MOT this morning, along with the original cat and specific instructions to fit it first. I had discussed the work required with them in advance too. I just had a call from them "it failed on headlight alignment which we would probably have let go but had to fail it anyway because it doesn't have a cat".

Much WTFing ensued on the phone.

Now let's see if it actually passes.

A case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. What ever happened to companies/people being able to understand and follow simple instructions?

Very frustrating, but getting more and more common in the UK, hence why I want to emigrate and be out of this country.

annoying...

i know what has probably happened "Dave can you MOT that car over there" and hes just blindly done it, not bothered to look at the job sheet.. .assuming they have done one to begin with!

my MOT station were very helpful trying to get my cars through the MOT, to the point the put new straps on my inner CV boots, aligned my head lights for me and thew in a free bulb... my daily eventually passed the 3rd time (Free re-tests, and cost me £25 for the initial test). due to the CAT needing replacing, did the work myself too.

corrado they were very accomodating, let me have a good poke around underneath and aligned headlights... failed on other things, but doing the work myself.

I'm now waiting for the inevitable call saying the old cat is fooked and I need a new one lol.

---------- Post added at 1:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

And passed :)

That's me sorted for a year. No mechanical issues which I'm pleased with. Just needed the headlights adjusting.