mookie

KW v1 Problem! Eeeeeek!

I've just gone to adjust my KW v1 fronts, and I've found the tiny grub screw that fits into the purple adjuster ring just spins and spins once it's all the way in. Using a 2.5mm allen key, it seems to screw in just fine until it is (presumably) meant to lock it against the thread of the coilover, at which point it doesn't get tighter or harder to screw, and as I say, just spins endlessly unless you back it all the way out again.

As a result, you can turn the collar with your hand... which I'm guessing is not, A Good Thing :(

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Short of buying new collars (can you even get them?) is there anything I can do?

You've stripped the threads. Easily done!

You can get new perches from KW. £15 each IIRC.

Or you can just tap the hole out (in situ) and use a bigger screw, which is what I've done on one of mine.

I've just phone KW and the nice lady said Germany are on a public holiday right now so getting spares could take a while...

How did you do new screws and holes if you don't mind me asking? The little set screws seem very unique looking... this could be my best bet at the moment

i have a spare brand new one you can have for £15 mate, pm me over your address and i can get it sent out tomorrow so will be with you on monday.

karl

PM'd. Cheers mate.

---------- Post added at 9:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:43 PM ----------

Just as a follow up to this thread, following the advice of loads of people I've used a pair of slightly longer bolts and they've worked a treat as a temporary fix. I had visions of waiting days and days to get some spares from Germany... how did people manage before forums like this one?! :)

well my spare ones was sent today via UPS so that one will be with you on monday, try Tuningworks for another one and ask for Reuben there.

Superb thanks mate. KW's UK distro got back to me today and quoted me £19 each posted so probably just get one from them, another company more locally have quoted me £25 each so I won't go with them! :)