JuanTravolta

3000k HID fog lights

I'm thinking about buying an HID kid to use for my fog lights.

First off, is this even possible to do? Is there enough room for the ballasts, and would I have any other sorts of problems installing them?

The main reason I'm wanting to do this is because I want my fog lights to be yellow. I'm always up for suggestions, so if there would be a better way to do this, let me know.

I've had HID lights in the past and I'm very pleased with their performance, so I figured 3000k (yellow) HIDs would work a little better than simply tinting the fog light assembly, or using yellow halogen bulbs.

Any advice is appreciated!

But the thing is, I would like to keep the appearance that all of my lenses are white.

Buying yellow lenses would mean that my headlights and turn signals would be white, but my fog lights would be yellow, correct?

There was a thread on Vortex a while ago about this ,I don't think anybody managed to do it !

Edited by dragon green

Is it worth me pointing out for the millionth time that you'll end up with an illegal beam pattern? Not only will you fatal you MOT but if plod stop you you'll get done for no insurance, as it will be invalidated by illegal mods.

Unless you change the optics for a projector (which would actually look pretty cool IMO!) it'll just blind oncoming motorists and get you six points when someone complains. Just buy some yellow halogens, they're the only bulb that will work correctly in unmodified light units.

Stone

Is it worth me pointing out for the millionth time that you'll end up with an illegal beam pattern? Not only will you fatal you MOT but if plod stop you you'll get done for no insurance, as it will be invalidated by illegal mods.

I've never seen/had an MOT tester check the light pattern from my fog lights before, only that they come on, is that a new check?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My mistake, they do check headlights. They're going to be utterly useless in fog though, the light will just flood out in all directions instead of piercing it forwards. And it's technically illegal to use them when it's not foggy!

Really don't understand why anyone would want to do this, no mod looks good enough to justify causing an accident with :shrug:

Edited by Stonejag