Byrd

Sunroof replacement

Hi all, I have a 93 Vr6 and the sunroof panel has got a rust spot that keeps coming back- looks like the rust is in the sanwich construction of the panel. Instead of replacing with another panel i am quite keen on a moon roof replacement - I have the option of a glass roof from a passat B4. Could anyone tell me if this bolts straight in as a replacement for the steel panel or are there other mods required to get the panel into the corrado mech? Also what would be a reasonable price for just the panel....? Any input would be greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance, Byrd :thumbleft:..........................

Mine was a bolt in fit. You need to adjust the glass though to get it to sit flush with the roof line otherwise you get quite a bit of windnoise from it.

I had to play about with motors as well, although I cannot remember what the end result was...

The cassette will bolt straight in, but you will need to adjust the panel position in the cassette to avoid lots of wind noise. The centreline of the original steel panel needs to be 1mm low on the front edge, and 1mm high on the rear edge. The mechanism needs rot be in good shape, with no play too.