rallison

another steering issue

I apologize if I missed something in a search, but Im having an issue in the front of my wifes corrado.

Iv noticed most people have a vibration in different conditions, but the shake I feel seems to be more around the steering wheel more than an actual solid vibration. Im not too sure if that makes a lot of sense, but I almost feel like the internal gears may be lose and shaking.

Its really noticable around 75mph, and over bumps at highway speeds. Also if im turning it feels tight, but if I straighten out in the turn it will begin to shake. The brakes will also cause a shake from time to time but not consistantly or in a certain condition

Iv read about the steering adjustment, but occationally the steering will bind coming out off a turn. Say full lock right to bring it back around to the left. Im not sure if tightening will increase the binding or not.

Iv changed ball joints again, and will be changing inner and outer tie rods again. Everything else in front including axles, brakes, and eng mounts minus the 4 front frame bushings and sway bar bushings have been changed. Everything is torqued as well, the u joint is tight, column bearings seem to be good.

A friend gave me what seems to be a good zf rack, but connection seems to be more than 36 or 22 teeth. Im not sure if this may be from an mk3 vr or what. Id assume that Id have no trouble with the install as long as I got the correct u joint?

Id really appreciate any input or help

changed my steering rack, also changed my inner and out tie rods. steering feels amazing now so far. im going to guess the rack was from an mk3. it has 20 splines which is the same as the trw rack that was in my golf mk3. just for information all i did was swap out the u joint assembly. iv seen people say you have to swap the end onto your exsisting joints, but it just swapped right over to the corrado.