captainredeye

Castle Combe VW/Audi day 14th july

Ok dokey, for those that are coming i m getting a sarnie and a coffee at the wetherspoons at 9am in chippenham, will be parking in the lower car park thats goes along the river next to waitrose on gladstone road.

looking forward to this. aiming to arrive for 10ish so will see you all there. fingers crossed we don't get much of that stuff that starts with an R!

Well i have given up on washing the car, that R stuff is going to be heavy later on in the day so might be ok for the early part.

Im still aiming to meet at 9 at Wetherspoons,see you then. Daren

l be coming along to this but not till after work so wont be there much before 3. Will come and say hi before I disappear under Matts car :D

Hya All,

I will get to Castle Coombe for about 9ish. Have we got a stand if so I will be there waiting for arrivals. Lets hope there are some nice battles on the track. Bring back the Dialynx v Reeves shoot outs they were epic.........................

yes mate there should be a space for us in the paddock will be getting there sometime after 9. Me thinks a damp track might make things interesting tomorrow.

Had a nice day at Combe,despite wet weather the turnout was really good.Some really nice cars in show n shine & track cars.Nice to catch up with the guys & check out Matts awesome 4wd turbo.Weather improved pm & Ben & i had an interesting chat with a guy trying to sell us an AudiA8 w12 for 9 grand! Incredible car for the money.Took a few pics -cant seem to upload them right now

Edited by Harrier

Plenty of other clubs getting involved this year and the weather didnt halt play either! That A8 was sorted but £1200 for pads and discs put me off!

Think a bit more notice is needed for next year and a get a track session sorted, but all in all a great day cheers peeps.

cracking day and the mrs didn't complain once :lol:

wouldve like to have seen more cars on track, but not surprising considering the weather.

nice to meet a few from here today too.

Baz

Did anyone get any photos?

I did but not ones your on about :D Oh and a video of the whole little trip!

Thanks for taking me and my friend out in the beast, must say the best car I have been in so far. Goes like **** off a shovel and feeling the awd kicking in is something else.

Made me even more determined to make mine into one. Even if my car is half the car yours is I will be happy. I takes mad people like me to build a mad car like that :D

Good to catch up with some people and meet some new faces. Even if I did get there a little late.

Edited by Swompy

Thanks for taking me and my friend out in the beast, must say the best car I have been in so far. Goes like **** off a shovel and feeling the awd kicking in is something else.

Made me even more determined to make mine into one. Even if my car is half the car yours is I will be happy. I takes mad people like me to build a mad car like that :D

Good to catch up with some people and meet some new faces. Even if I did get there a little late.

Ah that's why you lot had disappeared when we came back round. Good view further round the track, timed the black Skoda going round in a 1.22 which was 4 seconds faster than the Green R8...........................

Glad you enjoyed it, you will have another chance to look over it again at Berkeley Castle after a bit of your own research. I'd love to see the video if you have a sendable copy- I'd appreciate it not going up publicly anywhere for obvious reasons ;)

Ya I saw you are going :D

The video is on youtube but set to private so only certain people can view it, if you pm me your email adress I will set it so you can see it.

You can only really see inside the car as the camera cant cope with the different lights from the window. but better to be safe than sorry.

A few pics I have found on facebook

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68261[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68262[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68263[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68264[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68265[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68266[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68267[/ATTACH]

A few pics I have found on facebook

well found! saw a few people taking snaps of mine during the day, but not posted anywhere!

I forgot to ask you on saturday whats the R32 like putting the power down? my 24v can easly spin the wheels if I floor it and even in 3rd when its wet

Peloquin diff and p zero Nero combo = no wheel spin in the dry. Torque steer if you floor it but 'hard' to spin.

In the wet you have to be sensible, but it doesn't come out much when it is!