NewbridgeJob

Master cylinder won't bleed

Having a nightmare with my clutch at the minute. Pedal is right to the floor so tried bleeding the slave but that makes the clutch worse and pretty floppy asif theres nothing behind it.

Tried bleeding the master cylinder but it just dribbles out? Only a few tiny drops at a time. Anyone reckon the master cylinder is at fault? I've got a new slave cylinder to go on but I haven't got a clue how to get the hose off the slave cylinder as there's no bolt or anything to remove it?

Help!

Right bit of an update. Had a tube attached to slave cylinder and got all the air out. Clutch pedal felt fine for about 5 minutes and then went floppy all of a sudden asif all the fluid came out although cant find a leak.

I then added a tube to the master cylinder and when I was pumping the clutch with the master cylinder nipple open nothing was still coming out however when I pressed the brake the fluid came pouring out through the tube.

Is there a possibility that the clutch line to the master cylinder is knackered or is the master cylinder totally goosed altogether? Getting desperate now :(

Well I had a bottle of brake fluid with a clear tube fed into it and put the other end on the end of the nipple to make sure no air could get in. It doesn't make sense how the pedal can feel fine, I tighten up the nipple and then all of a sudden it goes floppy again. Any idea why when I'm pumping the clutch the fluid isnt coming through the master cylinder? Yet it does when I press the brake

Well, Supercharged you came up trumps because a pressure bleed did the trick brilliantly. I made a DIY kit using a normal spray bottle and some tubing off an old screen wash pump. Pumped the fluid through the cylinder and it's been right as rain. I love my Corrado again

5a5a9574.jpg