KofiD

No Spark from Coil

Hi Guys, I hope somebody can help me !

My Corrado has decided to do everything - but spark lol

It turns over. there is no spark form the coil - we have tested by eye after removing the ht lead to the dizzy.

I have a strange feeling that my bro (while trying to solve the problem) put the wires on in the wrong places so I located a guide to put them in the correct places.

but still, no spark, somebody said that relay 109 had something to do with it, got a new relay and put it in, nope!

I am not an electrical genius so I dont have much of a clue on what to do next :(

Please help !

its a 1.8 KR.

Correct me if i'm wrong but I was led to believe that if it was the ignition switch, the car would not turn over ?

Thanks for the help though

had a similar problem on mine turned out theres a multiplug that sits on thhe dizzy and one of the wires had broken off simple fix try that its a start :) hope you get it sorted

Are you definately getting fuel too? Do you have an immobiliser? My old immobiliser was the cause of my problems after it got a little wet after I changed my heater matrix. Very common for any electical problems of this nature to be caused by old ones.

mad-dog, yeah that happened before, the wire was snapped so my brother repaired it, it worked for a while - the wires are still connected and all looks fine there :(

and i am not sure if I have an immobiliser lol :( I have a falcon xl3 alarm ? :(

Edit : definately getting fuel! :)

Hey again, just went out and got a multimeter, when i use the meter to conect to the green wire, and the black wire that are going onto the coil - i get 12v

but if i plug them on the coil, and use the multimeter, it shows no power, like 0.01v :(

i thought it could be the coil, so I got the other one i had (have 2 corrados, 1 in complete pieces heh) and tried that, it did the same thing.

There is continuity of 0.02ohms on the green wire that goes to the ECU / ignition thing.