Sign in to follow this  
KARMANN

WATER IN TANK!!

please dont ask how!!but managed to get some water in the fuel tank with a hose.does anyone know if theres a plug to drain the tank?if not is it an easy job to remove the tank?at least i think this is the problem as the fuel in the tank is being drained the water is getting pumped in to the engine,and engine chokes.at first i thought it was something to do with modded air box cos just done that today nothing seems to be out of place so it has to be the water in the tank,surely!!also fcukn door handle broke yesterday,its not my week!!! £69/vat for new one! :mad:

i recently filled mine with diesal not good to get it out i took off the fuel pipe in the engine bay and connected a wire from the boot light to the fuel pump and pumped it all out took about an hour and rest assured i wont be doing that again

funky

Draining the tank is quite straight forward and no there isn't a drain plug. All you need to do is remove the lift pump (under the boot mat) and syphon all the crap out into a large container. Water is heavier than petrol and will sit at the bottom of the tank out of harms way anyway (pump doesn't quite reach the bottom of the tank as water and debris in petrol tanks is common), providing you didn't put too much in.

Kev

94 VR6