Hymorrill

Wobbly driver side wheel

Hello. I just got a 93 corrado slc. I bought it with 150k and everything is up to snuff minus my passenger door handle and this current issue. Yesterday I put new break pads on and while lifting the driver side I noticed the front wheel went very loosely from a cambered position to straight. I figured it must be the coilovered since I have not worked with coilovered before. After putting the new pads and fitting the tire with some tightness before dropping it, I noticed the wheel was very loose. I thought it mIght be because the caliper had not come back to rest but now I am getting a noise from the Pads rubbing. Anyone know what I should do?

sounds like it could be a number of things,wheel bearing,track rod end,ball joint,bolts loose in bottom of coilover

jack it up on that side so the wheel is off the ground, grab the wheel at both sides {i.e at 9 oclock and 3 oclock positions} and rock it back and forth and try to identify where the play/movemnt is comming from, you might want to get someone else to do that while you look for the play.

Hub nut is the pads are rubbing!

Should be able to get to this without taking a wheel off to check it - through the centre cap

Hub but was loose. I tightened it down as far as I could go without stripping it and checked and the tire is still wobbly. Horizontal and vertical. The axle also shakes a little bit. Mind yu this is only the driver side. So I believe it is most likely the ball joint and or bearing. Where do you guys order parts from?