Portent

AP Coilovers?

Just sitting here wondering something. When I bought my car it already had AP coilovers on it. I'm quite happy with them but as this is the first car I've ever owned with coilovers I have no idea whether they are good, bad or indifferent.

I'm not planning to change them. Just wondering how good/bad they are really. All I know about them is that they are "AP coilovers".

Never had them, but know a lot of Skoda vRS owners have them and rate them highly. Made in the same factory as KW and Weitec. All the same company AFAIK, bit similar to VAG- all good quality, but KW are more expensive for a reason.

When you ask are they good or bad, will the answers you get form this forum affect your opinion on them? I think it is a strange question as I would have thought you would have judged for yourself if the AP's are any good based on how well your car rides and handles. Personally I think spending vast amounts on money on coilovers is a complete waste of money on a road car as the vast majority don't even have them set up correctly. Just my opinion.....

No it won't affect my opinion of them. It's not a strange question at all because as I pointed out I have no other experience of coilovers to judge whether they are good or bad. I'm happy with them but if someone said they were crap and much better could be had and that the ride would be massively improved by a different set them I might consider budgeting for something in the future.

But not right now.

EDIT: Fixed phone predictive text induced typos.

Edited by Portent