DEL VR6

after 9 long and happy years... i am no longer DEL VR6! Just "Del"

Yep, my baby has got a new owner and moves on!

pretty much 9 years to the day that i owned the VR6, and had a valver for a year or two before that. Feels weird not owning a Corrado after some 10-11 yeras of having one as a daily.

Anyway, this forum has been instrumental in every mod / repair / tweak or whatever it was, and I owe a huge thank you to everyone that has helped and contributed with helping over those 9 years, so thanks.

Thankfully, the car has only gone a few miles down the road, and i will get to see (and hear) it all the time.

DSCF2162trimmedxxx.jpg

IMGP3830.jpg

wow, i thought you were a lifer!

very good going to have used as a daily for that long, have you gone for something else exciting as a replacement?

hows the shop? i was going to get in touch soon, a friends looking to get something sorted.

baz.

Would you like a username change? ;)

:lol:

Sorry to hear your away mate, having it so close would drive me mad i think

Thankfully, the car has only gone a few miles down the road, and i will get to see (and hear) it all the time.

..........and buy it back in two months time? :)

Sorry to hear you've sold up Del. Was always good to catch up every year or so and chat about things! Hopefully still see you at Stanford Hall from time to time though.

Alright jim? You coming to VWNW on Sunday? hope to see you there. As for stanford hall, haven't missed one yet for as long as i can remember, as you know, I'm an air cooled dubber through and through. This year, i didn't get to see or speak to hardly anyone as i was with my 4 year old and she got bored and wanted to go almost as soon as we got there so got the it's i needed for the beetle and was off quite soon instead of getting the chance to look around at the cars and talk to people. How is your Corrado?

---------- Post added at 9:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:32 PM ----------

wow, i thought you were a lifer!

very good going to have used as a daily for that long, have you gone for something else exciting as a replacement?

hows the shop? i was going to get in touch soon, a friends looking to get something sorted.

baz.

How are you bazza? Was just thinkIng of you the other day, was going through some old pictures of one offs stuff and your wirey design was in there.

10+ years counts as a lifer imy books!

I've failed to make it to many shows this year sadly mate - and indeed won't be at VWNW either. Feeling the pinch at the moment and the fuel prices are pretty painful.

Corrado is doing OK - just passed the MOT today so it's got another year of life left in it at least :p May not see you this year then after all but definitely see you next year at Stanford. Are you going to go the Classic Car Show at the NEC in November? That's always an excellent show..

I've failed to make it to many shows this year sadly mate - and indeed won't be at VWNW either. Feeling the pinch at the moment and the fuel prices are pretty painful.

Corrado is doing OK - just passed the MOT today so it's got another year of life left in it at least :p May not see you this year then after all but definitely see you next year at Stanford. Are you going to go the Classic Car Show at the NEC in November? That's always an excellent show..

Hopefully will go to the NEC, like you say it's a great show. I try to miss a couple of years just so i don't get bored of it. Last time i went is the time i met you there on the Corrado owners club display.

Hey, i know just what you mean about costs of going to to shows and the pinch. Long gone are the days when it was cheap to go and you could go to a show every couple of weekends!

Great news that your P&J got another years ticket. Cant beat that feeling of driving out of the MOT station with a fresh years ticket in your hand!

---------- Post added at 9:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:39 PM ----------

You'll always be Del Porsche/Karmann Ghia/Beetle to me

Gareth, that's the coolest line I've heard like EVAR!! That porsche you saw is long gone, karmann ghia also went a couple of years ago. the beetle still queens it up in the garage!

Are you going to the VWNW and will be OSV be there?

---------- Post added at 9:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:42 PM ----------

I love those wheels.

I don't why, but i kept them! To be fair, the tyres on those got close to being illegal and i had a set of stock looking 15" BBS with brand new tyres and i really didn't want to shell out on new tyres and so just did a wheel and tyre swap and the Borbets are in the garage..... ironically, i have sourced very good replacement tyres for those wheels but i have no Corrado to put them on now.