Fanjita

Experience flight for interested parties?

Hi guys,

Working towards my CPL I've been flying a lot of hours to get to my targets. I've still got a fair few flights left to do, wondering if anyone would be interested in experiencing a light aircraft for a donation? Just a bit of help towards costs would be fair :)

I'm based in Norfolk so anyone nearby would benefit from it really.

Any thoughts/takers?

James

Edited by Fanjita

Brilliant idea, shame I am not closer, or I would defintely take you up on this.

I might be able to consider visiting places to offer it out of Norfolk! I'll keep you posted but thanks for the feedback :-)

The plane I fly

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I might be able to consider visiting places to offer it out of Norfolk! I'll keep you posted but thanks for the feedback :-)

The plane I fly

great idea.... but be careful on the legal aspect of taking money.... don't know the legality of it from a flying point of view. but as a yacht owner doing the similar thing turns the whole thing into a charter, which is a whole new ball game from an insurance / safety point of view.

I quite often borrow a mates boat in spain this can only be done as a good will and no money can pass hands, if i take people out in this country i will only except a meal or lunch being paid for anything more turns into a commercial venture.

good luck with the flying.

Thanks for the message. From a legal point of view as long as the pilot is not profiting, it is fine. I am only offsetting a portion of my costs and merely taking passengers around local areas.

Once i get the gti done i might be keen for it but its one hell of a treck to newcastle for you i imagine fuel wise,still waiting on starting ppl as ive got a bit to pull out for yet car wise

It is a shame mate! I'd be more than happy to take you up for a flight to see what it's all about :)

If I am up near you in the air I'll most certainly give you a shout

Be careful mate, you need a cpl to have a paying passenger regardless of profit or not. You can fly a buddy and they can probably tip you after the flight but not pay for it.

Be careful mate, you need a cpl to have a paying passenger regardless of profit or not. You can fly a buddy and they can probably tip you after the flight but not pay for it.

totally agree with you. it's a bit of a grey area. but as my post above be very careful.... it's fine until it goes pear shaped, there are strick rules about taking cash even for running costs. do check your insurance first.

best of luck with getting your CPL.

Sorry guys let me clear this up,

I am not asking for a 'fare' here therefore I am not operating without an AOC, I am merely saying a share of the costs will be fine. I should have phrased that differently at the onset, rather than set a rate.

It is perfectly legal to ask for a friend or passenger to help cover their share of the costs, it becomes illegal if that person is being told they should pay or does more than their share. You might notice I didn't actually state in the original post that it will cost xyz only what's fair. When you understand my costs to flying are in the region of £110 an hour then I would happily take a forum member (of whom I may be familiar with) for a bit of help towards said cost. What I'm not doing is actively advertising my services and/or offering ferrying trips, this would be entirely illegal.

This thread is just to let people know that I am here and willing to show them what the experience of flying in a light aircraft entails. I am offering a seat to people who are similar vw enthusiasts and therefore whom I would class already as friends or acquaintances.

Anyone not sure:

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/1196/20071015IllegalPublicTransportPRCampaign.pdf

I appreciate the feedback though, I will leave this thread here for those that might want to contact me to join me on a flight. I have rephrased the initial thread to save confusion. I have just re read the CAA documents regarding taking of passengers, link below.

http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/1428/SummaryOfCATPTAWANO2009May2010.pdf

If you check section 6.3 in the exceptions, you will see about cost sharing.

Edited by Fanjita