ST0RMF0RCE

helped needed identifying part and strange noise....thx

Hey all - been fixing a few things under bonnet yesterday and noticed a broken part which has been botched at some point, and a whirring/clicking noise from right hand side engine block with ignition off and no keys in....just wondering whether it will drain battery or not...

First up, I found this broken part that had been araldited or similar - I went to local garage who said I would need to buy a complete air intake kit from VW for £100 just to get this part - forgot to get name of part :/

Second up noticed that whirring noise coming from right hand side of engine, just to right of where oil goes in..

I have taken photos if thats any help and I will bow to you guys and your superior knowledge..

Thanks for any help...

Pete

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68722[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]68723[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]68724[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]68725[/ATTACH]

ATTACH=CONFIG]68726[/ATTACH]

The broken bit is the PCV(positive crankcase ventilation) and you can buy it seperate from FORD as the galaxy V6 shares the same engine. As for the whirring noise, that's the side where the chains/tensioner are, although i'm no expert on what right or wrong sounding in there?

The whirling noise could be just the auxillary water pump ? but i thought it will turn itself off with the key off and will come on with the key on. Maybe yours is stuck on ON for some reason.

Everything you need to know about the PCV is on this thread with part number etc and prices back then as I had the same issue

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?50827-What-are-these-parts-on-a-VR6&highlight=vwvw

Edited by VWVW