dumptyboy

No dipped beam failed MOT!!

Hey everyone, im in need of some urgent help. Ive took the VR for its mot today and it failed on no dipped beam. I checked the bulbs, i changed the headlight switch for the one out of my other corrado, and swapped over the indicator stalk for my other one but its made no difference.

I checked all the fuses also, but still no joy!

Im wondering if I have missed an earth cable or similar when I changed my dash wiring loom. Does anyone know if the wiring from the indicator stalk has any seperate wires or does it just go directly to the fuseboard?

All the other lights work, indicators, full beam lights and side lights, just not the dipped beam!!

Any help is much appreciated.

Rob.

I dont have one fitted, but I have one ready to fit soon hopefully. Ive pulled the fuseboard back down that I was hoping I wouldnt have to do, and im going to try one of the spare wiring looms i have and see what happens.

Cheers for your replys guys. I managed to fix it by changing over the wiring from the indicator stalk to the fuse board. But to be honest the wiring was exactly the same, so im not sure how it made a difference!!

But I took it back for a retest this afternoon and it passed, super happy now. :)

Ive just got to put the dash and fuseboard back in place again and its good to go.

Cheers guys.

Rob.

Just to resurrect an old thread....

I've got this problem too but ive the uprated wiring loom fitted. Ive changed the relay that came with it and still no joy :(

Is there a relay for the dipped beam ? if so where?

Edited by Macdaddy