Pete

Idle adjustment help

Hi having fitted the new poly mounts the car drives great but the vibration at idle is bonkers!

Started featuring the throttle and if it idled a little higher it would be much better.

Not sure what the idle should be and if mine is a little low?

Here I the idle on start up this morning.

2012-08-18113552.jpg

And here after a 10 min drive. I read on here that the line on the tachy is the idle point but mine seems lower.

2012-08-18114109.jpg

2012-08-18114214.jpg

Can I adjust the stop bolt thing in the engine bay (that you use to open the throttle body) not sure of its technical name to increase the idle?

Apart from fuel economy would this have any detrimental effects, or is there another way to adjust it?

I also find that sometimes pulling away needs a blip or the engine lumps around a bit.

If it makes a difference my car has an AMD remapped ecu and a BMC CDA.

Thanks.

Pete.

Edited by Pete

I expect the only way to adjust idle speed is to change setting in the ecu, so basically a remap.

that idle speed looks normal to me but not got my car at the moment so can't check.

Can't imagine AMD would have lowered the idle as its pretty low as standard, if anything I would expect them to raise it slightly.

Maybe change lower rear mount back to standard as suggested on group buy thread

Edited by GusPW

Thanks guys, I would rather not go back to the previous mount because the car was juddering before.

I have an obd cable to my laptop, is there a way of going in and making the change myself?