sam2.0

Seat recline broken

If I recline my seat to the correct level, one side of it won't hold and it'll recline even more, causing the seat to not be level.

I'd rather not look like a tit, leaning into the centre of the car with (1 hand on top of the wheel is compulsory when this happens), so any ideas of a fix? I imagine the recline cog has lost some teeth. I'm tempted to whip the seat out and take the assembly apart, but wonder if I'll get it back together again or find a spare part.

I would suggest removing the seat, info here:

http://wiki.the-corrado.net/front_seat_removal.html

Then remove the plastic trim on both sides to see what that part of the mechanism is doing. I have a seat that ive removed the fabric from and it shows the complete mechanism, basically the reclining knob is connected to a belt(in a sleeve) that connects to the bar that goes to both sides of the seat, and this moves the cogs on either side back and fore. These cogs get quite dirty over the years and might just need a good clean??

If you want any pictures of the mechanism let me know. :)

Edited by dumptyboy

Photos would be good, before I tackle it! Might see if I can just get a seat cheap and swap it out!

Thanks

What colour is your interior? I have a couple of corrado interiors in my attic and might be able to help you with a new seat if you cant fix yours.

Ive taken a few pictures but I only have my phone camera at the moment so they are not to clear im sorry:

2012-08-28_11-56-41_171.jpg

2012-08-28_11-56-55_807.jpg

2012-08-28_11-57-59_56.jpg

2012-08-28_11-57-21_889.jpg

Excuse the mess on the cogs,haha.

Im not sure if they will help you, but hopefully it gives you a better idea of what the set up is.

:)

---------- Post added at 12:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

Also having looked at the mechanism again, i used a spanner to simulate the seat mechanism reclining, and it looks like the cog looking things in the picture do nothing and the part that moves the seat is inside this area but I cant make out how it work exactly?? So cleaning any muck off wont make any difference to fixing the problem! I think you might be right and the internal cog might be missing teeth?

Old thread - how do you remove the round seat recline knob? From the picture in the thread it suggests that there is some central screw, but i cant see how the centre can be accessed, it looks like a completely moulded piece. I've been around the inner disc with a jewellers screwdriver hoping that there was some release slot, but didn't find anything. Any suggestions?

Just now, fla said:

Old thread - how do you remove the round seat recline knob? From the picture in the thread it suggests that there is some central screw, but i cant see how the centre can be accessed, it looks like a completely moulded piece. I've been around the inner disc with a jewellers screwdriver hoping that there was some release slot, but didn't find anything. Any suggestions?

hi m8

i think the centre part pops out of the round adjuster - either that or it just pops off & the bolt is underneath

3 hours ago, g0ldf1ng3r said:

hi m8

i think the centre part pops out of the round adjuster - either that or it just pops off & the bolt is underneath

Thanks for that - I'm just afraid of breaking plastic bits and creating a new problem!