tonytiger

Oxygen Sensor Wiring Loom route

I've some issues with the o2 sensor on my vr - vcds shows a 'no signal' fault, which might explain why the emissions were so terrible during its mot on saturday. I do have a little meter in my car linked to the ecu side of the o2 sensor plug (if that makes sense) at the back of the engine, and the meter was working fine before and after the mot. However, since I've moved the wiring a bit to check the plug connection etc, it's been intermittent so it looks like I might just have a continuity problem somewhere that I'm going to check for.

So, what I'd like to know is, can anybody tell me what route the wiring takes from the o2 sensor please? It appears to disappear up behing the brake servo, and I'm not sure where it goes after that. I know some of it goes to the fusebox, but I guess at least one wire goes direct to the ecu. If I need to replace any of the wires, can that be done without removing the brake servo (or anything else much for that matter)?

I'm really not looking forward to this.

Cheers.