timmaaah

Wheels, coilovers and bushes questions

Hi - I've tried the search, but there is so much information that I'm starting to get confused.

As you know, my VR is now back on the road. I think it will be worth while replacing all of the suspension bushes. I was thinking about using oem bushes, but what do polybushes have to offer?

I also want to lower/fill the wheel arches, as it currently has the 4x4 ride height, which looks daft. I'm not after a massive drop. Are coilovers what I need? I seem to see that 16" wheels are a good compromise between handling and comfort. I would like the car to be comfortable for normal driving but stiff enough to enjoy some twisty roads.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

:)

Don't buy anything less than KW if you want any comfort whatsoever, I thought Wietec GT's would be a nice compromise of performance/price but they are just mega uncomfortable. TBH I would just go for Bilstein shocks and some decent springs (eibach,H+R) if you want to retain some comfort. Also I used powerflex bushes and again I regret it. Just go OEM with bushes (especially rear axle), many people on here swear by the R32 front lower arm rear bush. I don't think you will need to mess with the bodywork, it will look nice and OEM+ with a 40mm drop, plus it's not easily reversible if you decide you don't like it. :)