MedwayCorrado

Alpine White 16v

Hi guys :)

Been a member on here for a week now, thought i'd start a thread about my 'rado :)

Got her 2 weeks ago after biting the bullet and buying a car i've always wanted, and selling the golf that i loved lots..

382385_3977990961962_812079192_n.jpg

That was the golf, bought standard put on coilovers and audi pepperpots, full heated leather aswel. I loved it, but wanted a corrado.

My price range was only £1000, so i set about finded one, the first i looked at was disgusting, the bodywork was atrocious and it drove so badly. At this point i nearly doubted getting one for the price i had to spend as i thought they would all be rough. Then i found my one about 1 hour from me, went to have a look and apart from a rear arch it was lovely. Owned for 7 years by the same woman, 7 years history and receipts. A full respray in 2009 (all be it a cheap one) on coilovers and an alright set of wheels, a good base me thinks :)

599522_10150986870512541_52190426_n.jpg

387027_10150986872912541_1579040480_n.jpg

When i picked her up, she was VERY white as you can see, white EVERYTHING, it needed to go, so i got some BMW sparkling graphite i had laying around from the golf wheels and some black and did the wheels and the grill :)

553732_4125094199451_1956860149_n.jpg

339648_4127151530883_1263843271_o.jpg

Looking so much better i think? Tried to lower it a bit more, but the coilovers are slighly seased, so i left that alone for now..

Took her to the Ace Cafe meet and met a few guys from here, got some attention there and parked right outside the door :),Happy days :)

329130_4140723710179_128645738_o.jpg

When i bought the car i really disliked the lights, i'm a fan of OEM+ so i started to source standard lights and bits, soon realised how rare parts were haha..but found a standard set of rear lights on ebay, won them for £8.50 ;)

394565_4144472643900_980691428_n.jpg

SOOOO much better!! Nearly happy with the back end now apart from the saggy exhaust :(

So thats her so far..got standard headlight swap with a member on here happening on tuesday i hope..new wheels at players with another swap, and trying to source a OEM grill too :)

Hope you all like her, don't see many white ones :)

Edited by MedwayCorrado

looking good bud, will look loads better once other bits are swapped over.

if you dont sort out the light swap i have a spare set of standard ones knocking about..

im a big fan of all red rears and black rear plinth, the white makes the rear end look a bit squished.

Never thought of a black plinth really..but i may do that now :) Cant wait to get the wheels mate :)

I agree about the rear lights too..looks 10 times better.

Hi Guys,

Been sourcing bits and pieces and making the car look a whole bunch better!!!

441BB921-4DCF-4CD1-99A2-0EC11A5D09A4-8393-0000054D36D10291.jpg

Got new standard headlights which look LOADS better!!! Getting standard indicators and fogs in a few days for swaps..got my new wheels from bristolbaron who i can't thank enough, i think they look amazing!!

I do like them too. They look amazing. What are these wheels?

It is truly awesome what you are doing with this car. When you posted 1st picture, I was like meh! Your last photo... wow I'm speechless, keep it up man! I'm liking this car a lot.

First Corrado I owned was white so have always had a soft spot and surprisingly you see even less in this colour.

Lad who bought it, did exactly the same and went whiter than a teenager on a bong.

Personally I like the side bump strips as it breaks it up, but that's personal taste and yours is a vast improvement from when you bought it.

Kudos.

I do like them too. They look amazing. What are these wheels?

It is truly awesome what you are doing with this car. When you posted 1st picture, I was like meh! Your last photo... wow I'm speechless, keep it up man! I'm liking this car a lot.

Wow, thanks mate, good to have compliments on the car, its only just started too..getting quotes for all my body work at the moment as some areas are a bit tatty and rusty, the coilovers are also seized and i'd like it to sit a bit lower, not majorly, but just not sitting where i'd like it to..i'm thinking of doing the indicators orange when i get them as well? What do you think?

The wheels are MIM's, i couldn't tell you what ones exactly, but i think they are 1900's or juventus?

---------- Post added at 7:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:10 PM ----------

First Corrado I owned was white so have always had a soft spot and surprisingly you see even less in this colour.

Lad who bought it, did exactly the same and went whiter than a teenager on a bong.

Personally I like the side bump strips as it breaks it up, but that's personal taste and yours is a vast improvement from when you bought it.

Kudos.

I love the colour of it, i wasn't too fussed about colour when i bought one, but i'm glad i got the white as they are rarer..

I hate how white it was, really annoyed me, felt like i was driving around in a big snowflake lol

Yeah i see what you're saying, but i do like the smoother look.

looking good bud. im looking forward to seeing it with the fogs/indi's sorted.. wouldnt do them orange imo though, although smoked or orange side repeaters would be another improvement imo.

theres a few colours which really need the bumpstrips removed, but lighter colours look good with or without.

i reckon it'll look cracking once youve sorted bodywork and coilovers!

looking good bud. im looking forward to seeing it with the fogs/indi's sorted.. wouldnt do them orange imo though, although smoked or orange side repeaters would be another improvement imo.

theres a few colours which really need the bumpstrips removed, but lighter colours look good with or without.

i reckon it'll look cracking once youve sorted bodywork and coilovers!

Its only because i've got a picture of a white one with orange and it looks amazing..may get some film and do it..if i don't like it, then i can take it off?

Yeah, got a few bits to keep me busy :)

First Rado I drove was my brothers brand new white valver :cool: Your making some nice improvements there, like the Mims but could maybe do with some spacers to fill out the arches, they look kinda lost in there :shrug:

PS. Can you edit the main title, you seem to be missing a T >> Alpine Whi e 16v

Yeah its coming on okay, yeah literally put the wheels on the day before these pictures were taken haha, didn't get a chance to get any, its on my list though mate ;)