petemcr

Idle Issue Since Changing Radiator

Hello everyone, hope you're all doing well.

I had a search around on here with my issue and I'm guessing it's going to be a vac leak but I thought I'd best ask on here first before I go replacing pipes. My VR6 used to idle at about 750rpm, but was a bit lumpy and hesitated sometimes when you let off the throttle, but my radiator went recently and I managed to pick up a new Hella one and got it fitted.

After it got fitted I noticed my revs on idle lifted to about 900rpm and the engine started hunting a bit, so the other day I removed my ISV and gave it a good clean, put it back on and now my revs are sitting at 1000+ and seems to lift slightly as the engine warms up, and they've started bouncing as well when I started it today.

I'm waiting on my mate who has Vagcom and a OBD2 to OBD1 converter so I can code read it, but until I get him to look at it is there anything I can look at? I tested the ISV by shorting it on the battery and it opened and closed no problems, I pulsed it about 6 times so I assume it's working?

Should I be looking at replacing the blue temp sender? Any help would be great

---------- Post added at 7:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:07 PM ----------

Also, which is probably unrelated, but I've noticed the cooling fans are kicking in a little later than they used to, usually the fan would run a little at 90 degrees, then cut out, then it would hold the temp a little higher than 90, now the initial fan won't kick in till around 97 degrees and it holds it temp at around 100 degrees