Mike16v

Terraclean de-carbonising in Kent

Hi folks,

I've recently started a part-time business offering a mobile Terraclean engine de-carbonising service, mainly in Kent. I'm sure most of you will have read something about it by now.

I only have the petrol machine at the moment - feel free to have a look at my website - http://www.kent-engine-clean.com.

As a Corrado owner myself, I'd like to offer forum members a 10% discount on the total price. There are also bigger discounts available for more than one treatment on the same day at the same location.

Thanks for looking,

Mike

Edited by Mike16v

Hows it going Mike, how are you finding the equipment?

I've had mine since June, you may have seen that I ve been offering the terra clean service on here to forum members for a while now, not many takers as with all forums members are located all over the country, doesn't seem to be that many down here in the south east wanting to give it a try..

Welcome aboard anyway, you'll be getting plenty of phone calls from Tony at Ranstad :)

Ant

Hi Ant,

It's going well thanks. I'm finding the website is really helping - had a few customers through that. It's only costing me £12 a month so seems to be well worth it. I have a full time job so It's been a bit tricky fitting people in around that. Spent the last weeks looking at as many different engines as possible just to see how I would connect up. Had a bit a problem with a Jag XKR yesterday because I'd never come across the quick connect fitting. Turned out to be embarrassingly simple really. Lovely car though, and got there in the end.

If I get any enquiries from over your way, I can send them in your direction if you want to PM me your contact details. I do charge for travelling but it doesn't really make sense to go too far unless I'm doing more than one car.

Have you got the diesel machine as well? Been toying with getting one because I've had to turn quite a few customers away. Need to do a few more petrol engines to be able to afford that one though!

Good luck!

Mike.

Bmw's, merc's, Jags and quite a few Fords use schrader valve fittings, very easy to install, just finding the relays and fuses for the fuel pumps is the real pain in the backside. So you haven't actually bought the kit then, I presume your just renting it, but at £12 a month thats a bargain.

I bought mine outright with 12 of each canisters to start with and just the petrol machine couldn't stretch to the diesel machine too, had to point a few customers to other tc agents with the facility to do diesels.

I'm only doing it part time also as have full time job, haven't really been advertising, just getting what comes from the terra clean facebook page and direct enquiries.

I don't know why the made the machine so big, as 50% of it is just useless plastic, might modify it to make it more compact, the drawers are sh*t, I keep all my adapters and things in a roll cab.

Where abouts are you located in kent? Theres a possibility in the future we could sort a day where we could organise a day to do forum members cars at a meet or rr day, don't know if that would be somethging you would be interested in doing.

All my contact details are in my sig if you want to get in touch

Ant

Cheers Ant,

No I did buy the machine, it's my website that costs me £12 a month.

I thought that about the size of the machine as well. The first time i put it in the car all the adapters fell out of the drawers and disappeared inside.

I'm down in east Kent near Dover so I'm handicapped a bit by being surrounded mostly by sea and not customers.

Would be up for a group service if enough were interested.

Oh lol my mistake I thought that didn't sound right :)

Are you getting much work through having the website, something I might have to consider. looking good though.

If you see the pictures of the original machine ( think theres a pic of it in the user manual)

Guess your just using an eleccy compressor (1.5/2hp) and using the customers electricity, I tried to find out specs of air consumption so I could get the smallest compressor possible for portability with the ability to use a small generator for event work, where theres no sockets available. I'm currently using my 50ltr compressor but its way to big to cart around, so limited to working out of my garage at the moment.

I'm using a tiny little portable compressor I got from Screwfix. Does the job perfectly and was less than £100 iirc. Was thinking of looking in you buying an inverter from Maplin or somewhere so I could run the compressor from my cars 12v supply. Not sure if it will cope with the load though. I've had a couple of problems where customers can't park close to their house so leccy supply becomes an issue.

I've had five customers through the website so far (still my first month) so definitely worth the cost.

Hmm interesting, was looking at 1&1 prices for hosting which are reasonable.

I dont think an inverter will have enough juice to run a compressor tbh, I looked into getting a generator for a 25ltr 1.5hp compressor, I ve been told you need at least a 3kva to be able to handle crank load on a 1.5hp compressor.

Was going to do an Omega 3.2 V6 today, unfortunately the 201300s kit which I was supplied hasn't got the m16 x 1.5 fitting, rang Ranstad but Chris the techy is away so no one could tell me if there should have been one in the kit, their website doesn't show whats supposed to be in the 201300s kit either, not very happy having to turn a customer away because of a bloody adapter.

Did you get #201335KN in your kit? (added pic)

m16adapter_zps8f9d0f0e.jpg

I'm interested in getting this done, but both of you are a little distance from me. Do either of you know if there is someone around the Oxfordshire area that does this ?