sleeper16

rh zw1s tire sizes?

Had some rh zw1s laying about for a while and finally got round to putting them on a couple of months ago trouble is they rub loads.

They have 225/45/17 on at the moment and the standard RH adapters so I believe if the wheels are 17" 8J ET60 that they will then be ET40ish.

The car is standard height at the moment but one of the front struts has rotted through so will be hanging to coilovers soon, only drop 10-20mm to close arch gap (too many speed bumps and poor roads around here)

I’m not sure what size tires to go for I don’t want them to rub but i don’t want stretched tires either. I don’t mind rolling arches ( I’m on with this at the moment)

I’m stuck between

205/40/17

205/45/17

205/50/17

215/45/17

What tires do people think would work best? I have tried those calculators but would like to get ideas from what people have actually tried. I would like Eagle F1 asymmetric’s so the 205/50's at £170 each or 215/45's at £120 each

Cheers

Edited by sleeper16
new question

Hi,

Not too sure about the fitment side of things, but i do know that adapters are very good and made to a high quality..I'm the same as you and have driven all my cars with enthusiasm a few have had adapters and i've never had problems or troubles.

I had 7.5j borbets on my corrado running 215's and i had LOADS of room left in the arch..

Probably doesn't help much, but, at least i tried :)

mine has 20mm steel spacers all round and i've had no problems, my driving could be discribed as tw@tish from time to time :)

where did you guys get your steel adapters? the only ones i have managed to find are £260 a set! would feel much more comfortable with steel adapters mind!

Cheers for the replies!

215,35,17 faulkens all round thats what i found the best not so much tyre stretch on the front makes for a better drive..

I'm just about to order tyres for my RH ZW1's, they're 8.5 wide and will be running as stated above 215 35 17.

Bmth James has the same set on his car and he recommended 215/35/17. Others recommend 205/40/17 but I think it's a bit too much stretch.

Here's a picture when James lent me a couple of wheels so I could try them out whilst mine were being polished.

Edited by Rams

i also could run 225,35,17 on the rear with the arch work i've had done just wasnt sure at first..

I'm just about to order tyres for my RH ZW1's, they're 8.5 wide and will be running as stated above 215 35 17.

Bmth James has the same set on his car and he recommended 215/35/17. Others recommend 205/40/17 but I think it's a bit too much stretch.

Here's a picture when James lent me a couple of wheels so I could try them out whilst mine were being polished.

I see the arch liner is out on that pic does the arch liner have to come out?

They look grand! tire looks a bit on the small side might go for 215/45's to fill it out abit.

---------- Post added at 5:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:32 PM ----------

i also could run 225,35,17 on the rear with the arch work i've had done just wasnt sure at first..

What arch work have you had done? just the lip rolled? or flared? my 225/45 are catching on the strut so hopefully once i have coilovers i will get a bit more room from there

i've had my arches flared or ballooned as the body shop told me.......i'd just go for 35's no rub no probs...