Simon Wiggs

Late Corrado grille wanted

I've got one. It's got one of the tabs missing mind you but drilled a small hole in one of the vertical strenghteners above the tab and a zip tie round somewhere at the front held it in place. Couldn't see it when it was on. The grille and badge have both been sprayed up in Aqua Blue Pearl. You can have it for a £5 to cover postage if you like.

I've been looking for a perfect late grill too, over the last couple of months.

I thought I'd be able to pick one up for twenty quid off ebay but had no luck.

It seems the going rate on there is somewhere between 40-50 quid inc postage.

I rang VW Heritage yesterday and ordered a brand new 'VW Classic Parts' one for £57 delivered.

Thanks tentonhammer. I ended up winning the 4 slat on ebay this afternoon. I am not sure what to do with the 7 slat. It is in perfect condition and the 'VW' and '16V' are unblemished. I shall fit the 4 slat and let you know if I decide to sell my original one. Cheers, Simon

Thanks tentonhammer. I ended up winning the 4 slat on ebay this afternoon. I am not sure what to do with the 7 slat. It is in perfect condition and the 'VW' and '16V' are unblemished. I shall fit the 4 slat and let you know if I decide to sell my original one. Cheers, Simon

No worries, it looked like a fairly decent from what I remember.

Let me know if you decide to get rid of your 7 slat - will gladly take this off your hands for a fair price

Cheers,

I've been looking for a perfect late grill too, over the last couple of months.

I thought I'd be able to pick one up for twenty quid off ebay but had no luck.

It seems the going rate on there is somewhere between 40-50 quid inc postage.

I rang VW Heritage yesterday and ordered a brand new 'VW Classic Parts' one for £57 delivered.

Strangely i rang them today for a grille but they said it was dis-continued ! ? Do you have the part number ?

Hya,yesterday i ordered a grille using 535 853 653 AO1C,is that likely to be different do you think ?