Sherief

Headlight Wiring Loom - Power Supply

I bought one of Zak's (Kur2Y) excellent looking upgrade wiring looms.

Tried fitting it over the weekend but encountered some problems. Basically fitted it all up but no matter what I did, could only get the nearside side light to light up when side and dipped beam was switched on. High beam worked fine on both sides. Prior to the new loom all lights worked apart from the nearside dipped beam, which I assumed was simply the bulb.

After some help from Zak over the phone (he's a very patient guy!!) we discovered that the nearside connector block power wire (the yellow one) was not receiving a power feed. As Zak's loom takes its' power from that side and sends it over to the offside, this seemed to explain why the new loom would not work as intended.

Each side has its' own fuse, so checked and replaced these but still no joy (both were in tact anyway).

It is a fairly recent occurrence as only a couple of months ago, it sailed through its MOT fine.

Has anyone any experience or advice as to what might be causing this loss of power to this wire?