Sign in to follow this  
ZIG HIEL!!!!!

INDUCTION

:twisted: I took the plunge girls and boys and drillled the airbox following that guide supercharged junkie sent and i will tell you what going through tunnels in leeds has never been so exciting i almost wet my pants when i heard the noise nothing not a dikiebird up to 3 thousand then a monster is unleashed, feels a bit more responsive as well. All in all the dogs danglies

cheers for the help :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

You want to listen to a VR6 mate with induction kit when it hits 4000rpm..... :evil: :evil: :twisted: :twisted:

So, in relation to the VR6, is it better to leave the standard set-up?

Was going to ask about induction kits as the K&N I had on my previous car was definatley a "more smiles per miles" product.

Like many people think, improving your air box, such as drilling it or getting a high flow air filter does make your car run more or better.

Your car / engine is designed for that exactlly calculated amount of air no less, no more! :wink:

In some cases there can be a loss of performance! (I´ve got some graphics / documentation who can show it) In Portuguese of course... :oops: This test was made at a dyno-day here near me.

Now what really improves your engine is some fresh air :) (not that hot air from the engine bay, assuming that you have drilled the air box...)

I know what you mean Scott:

I fitted a K+N the other day to my VR. It was on for roughly 6 hrs before the std airbox went back on! Awesome noise but high in the Rev range I just found it way too much !

Is there any setup that will increase the noise without sounding like all hell is breaking loose ? Will a K+N panel filter make any difference ?

Dan

Yes.

A replacement panel filter in the standard airbox obviously won't be as noisy as a K&N cone or something, but it will add an ever so slightly more noticable growl to the induction noise :)

Plus it means you wont have to keep buying paper filters for it every service :)

Further to this conversation, induction noise is a bit of a hit and miss thing really.. the G60's induction noise just seems to be an insane booming noise combined with a kind of 'throbbing' (is the only way I can describe it) - must be what kevhaywire was talking about on the previous page? It actually got too much for me, so I stuck the airbox snorkel back in and its made the car a lot quieter. I might remove it again when I am looking to go out posing or something, but for day to day driving it almost got to the point of giving me headaches!!

Can't imagine what its like with just a cone filter... ow!! :D :)

couldn't live without the K&N... i reckon I might be losing a wee bit of power, but give it a proper heatshield n i reckon she'll be sound again......... the C sounds like the VAG parts bin included some stuka's and messerschmitt 109's!

It is possible to get an induction kit, i had one on mine last yr, the worse money i ever spent and it damaged my car.

Go with K+N and drilled bx

Sounds awesome

was that the strove induction kit by any chance ??

Can anyone help me out, i simply cannot figure out which part is the 'snorkell ?!?

im guessing its the thin tube which runs out the back of the box to the back of the engine

which bit is the snorkel? i want to remove it!

Chris

Can anyone help me out, i simply cannot figure out which part is the 'snorkell ?!?

im guessing its the thin tube which runs out the back of the box to the back of the engine

which bit is the snorkel? i want to remove it!

Chris

dunno about the valver but on VR's its the trumpet like object inside of the airbox........

dunno about the valver but on VR's its the trumpet like object inside of the airbox........

there are 2 tunnel bits inside the airbox, one has a flappy door thing on it and the other just faces towards the front lights - which is the snorkal?

Chris

Here is a picture of the airbox with the snorkel circled (well.. squared) and shaded a different colour. Its the same on the G60, but different on the VR6 I think.

airbox-snorkel.jpg

Its just pulls straight out!! I did this to mine but I am going back to standard as it is actually annoying me now.

thanks

i removed it but it isnt actually any louder

Chris

i think its only really louder if you combine it with a K&N panel filter

I think eurotek do an induction kit for a 16v but its expensive around £150+ if I remember correctly